• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psionics

Drowbane

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
I don't care what imagery they use, but the telepathic part of psionics will never work for me without some passive as well as active powers. A telepath is telepathic, it's not something they decide to do for a few minutes at a time 4 or 5 times a day. They need a reactive perception check for intelligent creatures in their area, massive bonuses to sense motive, and free action Hunch and Sense Enchantment checks. Then they would start to look like a telepath. Oh and the telepathy special ability, with range based on level/power.

QFT

Bacris

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
I don't care what imagery they use, but the telepathic part of psionics will never work for me without some passive as well as active powers. A telepath is telepathic, it's not something they decide to do for a few minutes at a time 4 or 5 times a day. They need a reactive perception check for intelligent creatures in their area, massive bonuses to sense motive, and free action Hunch and Sense Enchantment checks. Then they would start to look like a telepath. Oh and the telepathy special ability, with range based on level/power.

Very well stated.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Psionics without brainsnot is like breakfast without bacon. And I just had bacon for breakfast. Draw your own conclusions.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Piratecat said:
Psionics without brainsnot is like breakfast without bacon. And I just had bacon for breakfast. Draw your own conclusions.
Bacon: s'not just for breakfast.

Yummy, -- N

Drop anything scientidfic named, including the word psionics. I hate it all with the heat of a thousand burning suns.
I'm all for powers of the mind etc. but call it Mentalism, or the Force, or whatever. But don't put sci-fi terms in my fantasy, thank you very much.

I hope psionics gets its own book ... so I can safely ignore it like I have in all previous editions.

I'll be quite peeved if the psionics classes come out in the same book with, say, the nature classes.

hong

WotC's bitch
Matrix Sorcica said:
Drop anything scientidfic named, including the word psionics. I hate it all with the heat of a thousand burning suns.
I'm all for powers of the mind etc. but call it Mentalism, or the Force, or whatever. But don't put sci-fi terms in my fantasy, thank you very much.
But what about the snot?

Remove ads