Psionics

nick012000

First Post
I like the ectoplasm, crystals (which, really, are just solidified ectoplasm), and the sciency names.

Come on, WotC! Keep the Molecular Agitation and Metacognition going strong!

MaelStorm

First Post
Hong, aside the ditch the snot (which I don't mind BTW), I want to know what are your ideas on the new Psionic classes for the 4E.

EDIT: Here are my suggestions:
Telepath (Psionic Controller)
Psionic Warrior (Psionic Defender)
Astral Stalker (Psionic Striker)

Last edited:

glass

(he, him)
I don't mind the ectoplasm so much -I just hope all the energy blasting goes away. I never understood whiskey tango foxtrot that had to do with psionics.

glass.

nick012000

First Post
glass said:
I don't mind the ectoplasm so much -I just hope all the energy blasting goes away. I never understood whiskey tango foxtrot that had to do with psionics.

glass.

It's unstable ectoplasm that degenerates into energetic bolts and blasts. Ectoplasm is the physical manifestation of Thought, so it makes sense that using it in this fashion is the domain of the Psion. Psychokineticists are fun to play, anyway, so I don't see what the problem is.

hero4hire

Explorer
MaelStorm said:
Hong, aside the ditch the snot (which I don't mind BTW), I want to know what are your ideas on the new Psionic classes for the 4E.

EDIT: Here are my suggestions:
Telepath (Psionic Controller)
Psionic Warrior (Psionic Defender)
Astral Stalker (Psionic Striker)

Metamind (Psionic Leader)
Soulknife (Psionic Striker)
Psi-Warrior (Psionic Defender)
Psion (Psionic Controller)

VannATLC

First Post
hero4hire said:
Metamind (Psionic Leader)
Soulknife (Psionic Striker)
Psi-Warrior (Psionic Defender)
Psion (Psionic Controller)

I explicitly do *not* want to see duplicates of existing class-types, just using different power sources.

They've deliberately left holes for the Illusionist and the 'Charmer' style roles, and I'd be ok seeing a Monkish kind of role, but I don't want to see the rogue whose uses psionics to do the same thing, or the warrior, or the mage, just under a different 'power source'

I like that they've kept the classes so very different, but I'm not sure they'll be able to keep it up.

Bandreus

First Post
VannATLC said:
I like that they've kept the classes so very different, but I'm not sure they'll be able to keep it up.

Sorry but, WotC is enforcing class roles into the party, so odds are classes in the same role will look very similar, flavored by hers own style and powers, of course.

I think psions will be a lot more interesting in 4E. Just consider the designers purpusely left out many illusion/mind related spells out of the arcane power list.

Telekinesis users will be great controllers (I'm pushing ya with my minda!!!) and so on.
And crystals are going to be eve deeper related to psions, imo

Belphanior

First Post
The Ardent and Divine Mind are already pretty leader-y. They work with auras and I can see that as the Big Thing that psi would utilize for its own schtick.

So let's theorize.

The psion (controller role) would have your basic will/encounter/day powers, except his encounter powers are all auras; they last for the entire duration and you can use only one aura per encounter (see also: channel divinity).

The psion would have destructive powers.

Psionic Aura: Unravel Thoughts Psion Attack 1
Encounter * Psionic, Psychic
Special:
You may use only one Psionic Aura ability per encounter.
Standard Action Personal
Effect:
aura 5; enemies that enter or start their turns in the aura take {Int modifier} psychic damage.

Ardents would have beneficial powers.

Psionic Aura: Intellect Fortress Ardent Class Feature
Encounter * Psionic
Special:
You may use only one Psionic Aura ability per encounter.
Standard Action Personal
Effect:
aura 5; you and allies that enter or start their turns in the aura gain resist psychic 5 until the end of their next turn.

Or something. Just thinking out loud here.

EDIT: Soulknives seem very well suited for Followup attacks. First they stab you in the gut with their Psylocke ripoff manifestation of their will and then they bombarding your nervous system with overload, or erasing memories, or hijacking metabolic functions. I predict Crisis of Breath shall see a return as a soulknive Followup that essentially says:
Wis vs Will, ongoing damage 5 (save ends).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases