• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: 165 Vock Row - "Rat-catchers"

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Argus has anticipated Mata's thought and has a crossbow waiting when she arrives. The crossbow is old, its wood stained by the sweat of hands long since turned to dust. Examining the butt, there's a stamp in the brass. This crossbow was carried out of Dwarvenhearth, long ago. It's since been restored, parts replaced as they have worn out, but in its soul, this is a dwarven weapon, one of those used to defend Dwarvenhearth in its final hours.

Argus watches Mata examine the weapon.

"I thought you might find that one to your liking. The master killed the dark elf who carried it."

Vdou

First Post
With a loud *CLANG* Ella's staff slips her grip and rattles about upon the floor.

Looking frazzled, Ella blushingly picks up the staff.

"Sorry."

Ella whispers to her companions.. "We shouldn't tarry too long, I'm afraid Master might become terribly upset with me."

Wool

First Post
Upon returning to the library, Thurst had turned away from his new companions and turned to his thoughts. However the sound of a staff hitting the floor brought him out of his reverie. Realization and then horror dawned in Thurst's eyes as he pointed a finger at Ella, "YOU! Ye're the daft bird that spilt soup on me last week!"

Looking one last time at the staff, Thurst begins rubbing bruises on his head that don't exist...yet. "Who gave you that?" he sobs to himself.

Vdou

First Post
Still blushing, Ella turns to Thurst.

"Please forgive me Master Dwarf, I do try my best. The soup was good, was it not?"

Aeshen

First Post
Aeshen watched the scene between Ella and Thurst play out, rubbing his temples for the duration. He wasn't entirely sure what these peoples strengths were but their weaknesses were beginning to alarm him. 'Ella' seemed to have absolutely no manual dexterity whatsoever - something that scared him considering she would soon be lobbing balls of fire and acid in his general vicinity. Thurst, on the other hand, was quite obviously insane and best avoided. He shuddered to think what would happen if he were injured and had to accept care from the little gearhead.

Still, true to his character Aeshen grinned mischievously at the dwarf and spared an appraising look for Ella, smiling brightly at her when she glanced his way. He rocked comfortable on the balls of his feet, waiting for everyone to be ready to move out on their rat slaying 'adventure'. Aeshen felt a slight shudder pass through his frame over the indignity of it all but concealed it expertly - as always.

Voca

First Post
Mata stops running her hands over the crossbow -- from Dwarvenhearth ... she can hardly believe it -- to smile encouragingly at Ella; despite the regular wet floors and broken pottery she likes her.

Ella is right, we should get moving.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Argus clears his throat, and the group looks up to see him standing near the open door out onto Vock Row.

"The Delvers' Guild Library and Maproom is on Dalenguard Road. Just show the staff there your papers and there should be no problem."

Vdou

First Post
"Oh, how I DO love Libraries." Ella says. As she walks past Argus and out the door, Ella's staff catches her foot and she stumbles a bit before catching herself on the ivy outside.

"Ella, please focus." she mumbles to herself.

Wool

First Post
"Well, aye, it was good soup. It just needed a bit less dwarf," Thurst admits reluctantly.

"Whalp, lead the way me fragile little lambs."

Thurst shrugs and follows the others out onto the street.

Remove ads