• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Dave Turner

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
Vanden inclines his head respectfully towards the darfellan. "I meant no disrespect, master darfellan. I yet stand by my offer, and perhaps the additional share will benefit you.
"I didn't take offense, Vanden," Akilu says, shaking his head. He turns to the rest of the gathered volunteers. "I'm Akilu. Pleasure to meet you all."

Trollbabe

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Good to meet you too Akilu, and you Jossen. I am afraid I didn't get your name?" says Maugra, looking towards Garnet.

The teenager smiles and nods to Maugra. "Garnet..." Reaching into his surcoat the boy pulls out a white ferret and places it on his shoulder. "and this is Kiver." The ferret lets out a quiet chirp and scoots around the back of Garnet's neck to his opposite shoulder.

Garnet looks back over his now vacant shoulder as if turning to address someone. Seeing no one there the young boy quickly turns back to the group that has gathered with an awkward smile.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Good to meet you too then Garnet, and you Kiver. So what do we know about the killings so far. If we are to investigate this Longcoat we'll need to start some where. I have only just returned to the docks a few days ago." says Maugra.

[sblock=ooc]What do we know about them? I'm sure that they must've been on every broadsheet in the city by now.[/sblock]

Wrahn

First Post
Jossen's face seems to be in a perpetual scowl but he nods and smile politely to each of those assembled.

"Before we divvy up or pass on a reward, let's find this murderer and actually earn it first."

"The way I see it we should do two things here. First is to find and talk to anyone who may have seen anything. The second is to look over the places these crimes took place to see if this supposed Longcoat fellow left anything behind which we can used to determine who he is."

"If any of you have contacts amoung those the prostitutes,"
Jossen avoids looking at anyone as he says it as well as keeping the acusation that some of them may frequent prostitutes out of his voice, "I would suggest that as a good place to start."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Erekose13 said:
[sblock=ooc]What do we know about them? I'm sure that they must've been on every broadsheet in the city by now.[/sblock]
It's been sort of buried in the back of the broadsheets -- the Docks are less important to them than Oldtown or the markets, for instance. What the broadsheets have concentrated on is the savagery of the attacks, which has been far worse than what a thief or even an animal would do.

Those killed have all been walking the streets or frequenting alleys. Just like the original murders, those prostitutes who have been murdered have all been streetwalkers, and not prostitutes working out of a brothel.

The ghost of Coraithe Whitetree has been seen near the scene of at least one murder, although she's never been anything other than just a sad phantom for as long as she's been seen on Salt Spray Street.

Other murders have taken place throughout the district, but most have been relatively near the cliffs and the south end of the Docks region.

Trollbabe

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
The ghost of Coraithe Whitetree has been seen near the scene of at least one murder, although she's never been anything other than just a sad phantom for as long as she's been seen on Salt Spray Street.

"I have never been one for consorting with the dead... but I heard a restless spirit wanders Salt Spray Street... A victim maybe?" Garnet looks to his ferret and then back to the party with a sort of blank expression.

Erekose13

Explorer
"If I remember the tale correctly, she was a victim of the Longcoat killings over a hundred years ago. However, being a constant presence in the docks, she may have seen or heard something. I do not know if we will be able to speak to her though, I've not heard of anyone who has. In any case it is a place to start. After that we can gather some information from the people down here. They'll know more than the broadsheets I've read up at the Temple." replies Maugra, agreeing that Coraithe would be as good a place to start as any.

Dave Turner

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"If I remember the tale correctly, she was a victim of the Longcoat killings over a hundred years ago. However, being a constant presence in the docks, she may have seen or heard something. I do not know if we will be able to speak to her though, I've not heard of anyone who has. In any case it is a place to start. After that we can gather some information from the people down here. They'll know more than the broadsheets I've read up at the Temple." replies Maugra, agreeing that Coraithe would be as good a place to start as any.
"If she was a victim of Longcoat's, she might be willing to talk if she thinks it might save someone else."

Akilu runs a slightly-webbed hand over his smooth skull.

"I remember one of the fishermen telling me about the ghost. I think I remember the spot where he mentioned seeing her. If no one will miss their last swallows of Yan's salty wine, why don't we head over there? While we're in the area, we can check out the place where one murder happened, anyway." He squares his shoulders and looks to the door, secretly pleased with the thought of getting out into the rain and wetting his skin.

[sblock=OOC]
Whiz, I just took it upon myself to have Akilu roughly know where the ghost has been sighted. If you'd prefer a roll of some kind to know that, then let's forget that Akilu said that. ;)
[/sblock]

Remove ads