Ptolus: The Prison of the Sahuagin Queen

Voadam

Legend
Garn, motivational speaker

"We better think of something. I'm getting thirsty enough to !@#$ing drink wizard boy's blood."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I've got nothing I'm afraid. Living so close to the sea in a city full of pubs and the like I've not carried water with me ever." replied Maugra completely helpless.

Voadam

Legend
"!@#$" Garn mutters blackly as he plods on. "I'm so thirsty I'd even drink water. Can't even magick up a !@#$ing glass of water. !@#$ first shade I see I'm taking a !@#$ing break." He glares up at the sky blaspheming "!@#$ing Daykeeper's charge. Can't wait for this day to end."

Trollbabe

First Post
Garnet stops walking and lowers himself to his knees. He opens his pack and wipes his brow. He then rummages about inside looking for his waterskin.

[sblock=OOC]On my character sheet I have a waterskin listed. Can I assume it is full?[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
There is indeed water in the waterskin, although looking at the sunken eyes and splitting pale lips of his fellows, Garnet knows it won't last very long. Another source of water will be required if the group will survive in this desert.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the tremendous delays. I work as a newspaper reporter, and the election kicked my butt. We're out the far side, though, and I'm back. Now just escape from this very 1E trap room and we'll be back and rolling.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Welcome back WD. I'm having a bit of trouble staying connected with this game and out of ideas on how to escape from the 'room'. [/sblock]

Trollbabe

First Post
Garnet sips from his waterskin and then passes it around to his friends. "It won't solve the problem but maybe it can buy us some time to figure this out." Garnet stares at the ever distant door trying to think what the answer to this barrier could be. "Maybe digging... maybe the door behind is actually the door infront. Perhaps we need to say a keyword..." Defeated Garnet shakes his head. "I just don't know..."

Erekose13

Explorer
"What about walking in a different direction? or convincing ourselves its all an illusion.?" offers Maugra, not really very hopefull that either of those will help at all.

[sblock=ooc]I'm all for having things move along at this point.[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
That night, the desert gets punishingly cold, and the group huddles around what little they've brought with them that burns before falling asleep, huddled together under their cloaks.

Garn snores, to no one's particular surprise, and Maugra has a hard time sleeping because of it. She awakes in the pre-dawn gloom, ready to elbow him again -- and no longer being particularly diplomatic about it, this time -- when she realizes the noise is something else.

Blinking, she spies a large mechanical pump, banging and grinding away. She walks across the sand toward it, and when she hears, through the tulmult, the sound of liquid, she begins to run. A familiar stone bucket, which she had to fill at a similar pump in the Temple of Teun as a novitiate with pure clean water -- which had meant, in turn, learning how the pump worked, turning it off, disassembling it, cleaning it and reassembling it first -- sits full of water beneath a spigot.

Maugra drops to her knees, and plunges her hands into the bucket. The icy cold water pools in her hands, but as she raises it to her mouth, she awakes.

She knows what she has to do now, though, and the others awake to find Maugra praying through dry, chapped lips.

Teun hears the prayer, and fills the waterskin repeatedly throughout the day, and through the two days that follow. Teun likewise shields the group from the worst of the elements during that time.

On the third day, sunburned, and heartily sick of the rations Garnet has shared, the group reaches the far door. It opens to a depressingly mundane hallway, which extends 20 feet before them, before dead-ending, with doors on the left and right tunnel.

Looking back into the desert they've just left, the group sees an ordinary room, albeit one that's a little dusty and sandy.

Remove ads