Ptolus: The Prison of the Sahuagin Queen

Erekose13

Explorer
"You know my parents often spoke of mornings underground. I have to admit that I think this is the first night I've spent below the streets of Ptolus and I'm feeling pretty refreshed. To the left then?" said Maugra leading the way to the left door after their breakfast of gruel and water.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The door opens with only a little effort, having long since swollen with moisture over the years. A staircase rises in the corridor beyond, rising five feet before coming to a 20 foot long corridor. At the far end is a stone door, large and imposing, carved with shapes that are difficult to discern in the dim light.

Before that, though, just at the top of the stairs, is another doorway, the door ajar, leading to a chamber off to the right.

Trollbabe

First Post
Garn will lead the way towards the open door.
Garnet lights his lantern and raises it high trying to give as much light as possible to those in the front ranks. Still tired from the desert Garnet does his best to keep his wits sharp. "What are those carvings? Lets take a closer look..."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The door to the room stands ajar, and opens into a circular chamber twenty feet in diameter. Frescoes upon the walls depict torture and death in gruesome detail. A section of the wall to the left has partly collapsed, and sewage-stained water seeps through in a foul stream. The smell of waste is thick and heady.

Voadam

Legend
Garn cases the circular room with the sewage stream and ugly frescoe art "Dead end with no !@#$ing jewels." He concludes with a snarl and moves over to check out the closed stone door.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As Garn stalks around the room, the foul water sloshes forward, slamming the door shut. There's a brief moment where the party can see the water lashing up at their light sources, and then they go out, leaving them in the darkness in a room rapidly filling with stinking liquid, although it does not move like any ordinary water they've ever encountered before.

Voadam

Legend
Using his orcish sight Garn locates the mass of moving water in the sudden dark and pounds on it with his beat stick double handed. "All right you filthy !@#$er." Garn curses the water.

ooc dodge the mass of water.

Remove ads