• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Prison of the Sahuagin Queen

Trollbabe

First Post
Garnet looks to the others. "I am sure it will come as no surprise that the amulet is magic. Evocation magic to be exact. Traditionally a very violent school of magic if my book studies serve me correct. I am not sure if its a ward or the item itself that holds the aura. Be cautious..."

Cthulhudrew

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm not entirely clear- is the statue and dais located in some kind of pool? You mention brackish water, but not a pool.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: we really are missing the impulsive thief character aren't we. All of us are entirely too cautious.

"Caution is usually well founded, but we need to find some way into the portal. Everyone stand back out of the door and I'll pick it up." says Maugra urging caution but moving to accomplish something.

Voadam

Legend
Garn's concern for the group's true goal is heart felt and evident.

"You can't !@#$ing tell the difference between a trap spell and a !@#$ing loot spell? What kind of !@#$ing wizard help are you? Can you tell if its a one shot magic if the dwarf bites it? That's a !@#$ing good size gem on there." Garn ducks back behind the door letting the dwarf brave the risk, the dart trap still fresh on his mind.

"!@#$ing muck water." he curses as the brackish water sloshes from his movement.

Voadam

Legend
Garn peeks around the corner of the door to see if Maugra is hesitating or died silently upon reaching for the amulet.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Maugra's hand closes around the amulet and removes it from the dais. For a moment, it seems like nothing is going to happen, and then a wave of heat fills the room, exploding into fire.

Maugra plunges beneath the filthy water, avoiding the fiery blast, as do Garnet, Vanden and Garn.

They resurface a moment later to find the slow-moving Ada's burning body floating atop the water, still.

[sblock=ooc]Ada takes 8 points of damage from the fireball trap, dropping her to -5 hit points.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
"Okay bad idea." says Maugra as she rushes to Ada's body. She quickly rolls her over in the water to extinguish the flames then casts a cure light wounds to try and revive her.

Remove ads