Ptolus: The Prison of the Sahuagin Queen

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think that might be where the water came out from the trap we've already sprung. Remind me next time we go delving to bring along someone who knows their way around traps." replies Maugra soaked from the water and worried about her black powder.

Voadam

Legend
"You're the !@#$ing follower of the gizmo god." Garn points out sullenly.

Garn will slosh forward to the door warily ready to jump for all his worth to dodge the ceiling section if it cracks and comes down. If he doesn't hear any sounds of the ceiling coming down he'll open the door and move out from under the weak looking ceiling rapidly.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Fine then, we need to find enough to buy some lock picks." replies Maugra. (ooc: and some way to get a bunch of non-class skills for a cleric). Maugra stands ready while Garn opens the door. She keeps her eyes on the ceiling as he does so.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As Garn sloshes toward the door, he notices a peculiar ripple in the water beneath the rock. He pulls his foot back, off of the concealed pressure plate, extra water and mud dripping on him from around the ceiling block trap.

Erekose13

Explorer
"And now we know how the trap was sprung. Can you feel out a way around it to get to the door?" offers Maugra not being very helpful.

Voadam

Legend
"Mother !@#$%^! I hate this place more and more." Garn will scoot his way around the pressure plate to the door to open it if he can.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
There's a sudden release of water and dust as Garn accidentally puts weight on the pressure plate. After a moment, he finds its boundaries and is confident that he can guide everyone safely to the other side -- assuming they follow his directions to the letter.

The door opens with a moment's work: The complex mechanisms aren't particularly successful at keeping even a moderately competent thief from opening the locks.

The room beyond is circular in shape, a crumbling and rat-infested chamber. The ironed-barred door and the cold brick walls give the place the air of some hideous dungeon cell from a nightmare. The room is streaming with dampness and poisonous with stench, due perhaps to the corrupting influence of the filthy water lapping at the group's legs. A statue of a sea-captain stands opposite the door, the figure proud and defiant, with several sahuagin cowed at his feet. Lying in the center of the room is a sarcophagus, its heavy stone lid dust-laden and apparently untouched.

Suddenly, there is a cold draft like someone – or something – passed by, and the sense the presence of an intangible evil.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: sorry WD and Voadam, I'm cutting back on my games, and while this one is not the most intense game I've got I'm going to have to call it a day. Its been fun and thanks for the Ptolus game :)

Remove ads