• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Purposefully Hindering your Character at Creation

IMHXP, characters with significant hindrances are also hindrances on the party and the gaming group. Many players, especially my dedicated CN gamers, use flaws and hindrances as an opportunity to be as disruptive as possible, with the presumption of license because it's all "in character."

In regards to my current Wizard PC, last session I had him more interested in the particular architecture in the room than trying to attack the Spectres and Shadows the party was facing. However, this was mainly due to the fact he had no spells left that could affect them and had no magic weapon. So I figured I may as well play up his flaws and traits while I waited around for the rest of the party to take them out.

If a PC was looking like dying I would have definitely been scouring my character sheet for something that might be able to save him.

I hate players that think their PC and their fun is more important than everyone else's fun.

Remove ads