TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
palleomortis said:
Ok, this has probably been asked a BILLION times, but what do you think of all the newer D20 products out. Sucha as the ones in dragon mag.?

That, and what do you think of the newer D&D editions?
Being a courteous person, one who respects the opinions of the Good Folks who maintain this excellent website, the preferences of many of the persons who post hereon, I won't say more than this:

I do not find new D&D to my liking, so I have no comment to make about the D20 products offered anywhere, save that the few that bear my name have been done in collaboration with a fellow who does know the new D&D system intimately;)

In short, different strokes for different folks!

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Jdvn1 said:
Hm, four days since Gary's been here.

I didn't receive email notification of posts here. Ken alerted me to the condition here, my inexcusable neglest, via one of my email lists.

Cheerio,
Gary

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Col_Pladoh said:
I didn't receive email notification of posts here. Ken alerted me to the condition here, my inexcusable neglest, via one of my email lists.

Cheerio,
Gary
Inexcusable? It wouldn't be the first time the email notification didn't kick in.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Jdvn1 said:
Inexcusable? It wouldn't be the first time the email notification didn't kick in.
hooray!

Then I am excused...whew :lol:

Forging excuses when i cut classes in high school, my usual, was the work of my dear friend Tom Keogh, for he was most artistic and clever at such things :lol:

Ciao,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
palleomortis said:
:p You sound a bit like my dad. The whole "horray!" thing.:p (good stuff!:p :lol: )
"Well Son," he noted paternally,

I am surely old enough to be your father, seeing as how I have six kinder ranging in age from the 40s down to a stripling of 18 tender years ;)

I surmise that old farts must like to use ejaculations such as "hooray!" and "yippee" and "by the Great Horn Spoon!" :lol:

Cheerio,
Gary

SuStel

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Heh, but don't get miffed if your GM happens to be rude to your PC. Love can fly out the proverbial window then :eek:

Hee! No worries there. I'm constantly suggesting new ways she can gleefully murder our party members. And if I ever feel like taking revenge, I can do it in the next game of Paranoia that I run!

Then as now in my campaigns, as well as those i play in, the mapper keeps the map. If he doesn't show up for a session, then the others are stuck for a map. Trailing maps became popular for just this sort of reason, and I usually make same when I am mapping someplace where I won't likely need to know thoroughly for game puproses.

Thanks again for the reply. Now here's a followup question (and please forgive my ignorance): what's a trailing map? My best guess, based on your use of them and on what I can find on the Internet, is that it's a simple sketch with primary features marked (e.g., "orcs here").

Henry

Autoexreginated
Col_Pladoh said:
I surmise that old farts must like to use ejaculations such as "hooray!" and "yippee" and "by the Great Horn Spoon!" :lol:

You forgot "Od's Bodkins!", and "By Jove!" ;)

(Which is interesting, because Odin never had a dagger, did he?)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
SuStel said:
...what's a trailing map? My best guess, based on your use of them and on what I can find on the Internet, is that it's a simple sketch with primary features marked (e.g., "orcs here").

A line going in the direction taken with a note beside it such as "60 feet", a rectangle for a room with the dimensions noted and the contents/occu[ants, etc. Quick and easy to make, but not a good depiction of what fills an area;)

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads