TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
diaglo said:
rolls to hit

2-7 hps of damage.

2 missiles (which appeared as arrows according to the text) for every 5 levels.

1 at 1st, 3 at 6th, 5 at 11th, etc...

just saying is all.
That's not OAD&D :confused:

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
diaglo said:
no, that's Greyhawk written by some guy named Gygax in 1975.

i think he goes by Col Pladoh here....

cheers,

diaglo
Heh...

Then you should also know that I replaced the quoted material with that found in the AD&D game's PHB in regards the working of the magic missile spell.

>>Casts 14 d4 missiles at diaglo, each unerringly hitting for an average of 2.5 points of damage :lol: <<

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Henry said:
Why do I feel like I'm watching a Episode IV fight between Vader and Kenobi? :lol:
Feel the power of the Dark Side, Henry...

(Sorry, but I just had to get that in before diaglo could :lol: )

Cheers,
Gary

diaglo

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
Heh...

Then you should also know that I replaced the quoted material with that found in the AD&D game's PHB in regards the working of the magic missile spell.

>>Casts 14 d4 missiles at diaglo, each unerringly hitting for an average of 2.5 points of damage :lol: <<

Cheers,
Gary

but... doesn't the PHB say... 1d4+1... not that i want to take an extra 14 hps of damage...

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
diaglo said:
but... doesn't the PHB say... 1d4+1... not that i want to take an extra 14 hps of damage...
:heh:

Oops! I forgot that in the excitment of sending those darts of force at you :confused:

So take 35 + 14 HPs of damage, and no shield spells, Broaches of Shielding, or Rings of Spell Turning allowed, or I'll have to follow Flexor's suggestion and use The Force to choke you :mad:

:lol:
Cheers,
Gary

Henry

Autoexreginated
Actually, you're more the Kenobi in the scenario, Gary, and the young padawans on the sidelines are marvelling at your and the '74 veteran's fencing skills...

OK, enough of the messy metaphor. :)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Henry said:
Actually, you're more the Kenobi in the scenario, Gary, and the young padawans on the sidelines are marvelling at your and the '74 veteran's fencing skills...

OK, enough of the messy metaphor. :)
Ah...

I see. That's a skill deeloped perforce from dealing with so many players and fans over the years. Those devils are always trying to get the best of me :]

Heh,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads