• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Queen of the Demonweb Pits...anyone?

RichGreen

Adventurer
Odhanan said:
From what I've seen of the cambion stuff in Demonweb Pits it really looks like it's... bad. With the Tome of Horrors, there shouldn't be any dilemma.

I do think everyone is getting carried away about one monster write-up....

Psion

Adventurer
Oh, one other thing. I am not a fan of the weapons of legacy rules and regret their centralness to the storyline.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Psion said:
Oh, one other thing. I am not a fan of the weapons of legacy rules and regret their centralness to the storyline.

I quite like them. Seeing as they've been in both Expedition to.... adventures so far, I expect we're going to them in Greyhawk and Undermountain too.

Odhanan

Adventurer
RichGreen said:

Ah, $&!@... sorry about that, it came off as a general statement about the book, which wasn't intended. I was strictly talking about the cambion write-up, not the general quality of the book. :)

Glyfair

Explorer
Odhanan said:
From what I've seen of the cambion stuff in Demonweb Pits it really looks like it's... bad. With the Tome of Horrors, there shouldn't be any dilemma.

Wasn't there a cambion in a recent Dungeon? I vaguely remember the answer to a letter making suggestions for alu-demon stats, but I could be remembering something else.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If I worked for WotC, I'd NDA the hell out of John Cooper and employ him as a last-pass freelance editor. He currently does these edits for free. Give him $250 per edit and if all of nine people buy the book because it's got fantastic editing, they've made their money back.

Psion

Adventurer
RichGreen said:
I quite like them. Seeing as they've been in both Expedition to.... adventures so far, I expect we're going to them in Greyhawk and Undermountain too.

That would seriously suck.

teitan

Legend
RichGreen said:

I can't agree more. People are getting more and more nitpicky and what's almost laughable is the errors are in a part of the write up that more than likely no one will use!!!

Psion

Adventurer
teitan said:
I can't agree more. People are getting more and more nitpicky and what's almost laughable is the errors are in a part of the write up that more than likely no one will use!!!

I think people are exaggerating that this is being exaggerated. ;)

Seriously, in the first thread, nobody even mentioned it until I asked about it because I heard about it somewhere else.

And yes, I brought it up in both threads (once to ask if it was true, here to verify).

But it's not as if I said "therefore this is a pile of trash; don't but it." But I certainly think it's worth mentioning.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads