Question about Deepwood Sniper from MotW

francom13

First Post
At 6th level you get a special ability keen edge but it doesn't say wat it gives/does for you.

You already have Keen arrows at first level and they say they do not stack.

any help would be apreciated.
-Matt

shilsen

Adventurer
This came up on another thread and Piratecat posted there to say that he was about to email one of the writers of MotW to ask about it (haven't seen anything about it yet, however). Presumably it was an ability that got taken off the descriptions but not off the table.

Legildur

First Post
I haven't got MotW in front of me, but have a read of the "keen" description obtained at 1st level. There may be some reference further down the paragraph that indicates something kicks in at 6th level.

Alternatively, if I recall correctly now that I think about it, try the description for the ability that increases the crit multiplier at 2nd level. It might add an additional x1 to the crit multiplier at 6th?

Lunn

First Post
Keen Edge is listed in italics, just as Magic Weapon and True Strike are listed. I would say that it is the Keen Edge spell (PHB) that you can use once a day just like those other spells.

Last edited:

Jairami

First Post
In the playtest, aside from having ranged sneak attack out to a range increment, deepwood snipers were able to cast Keen Edge 3 times per day on their arrows (because Keen Arrows hadn't been added). Keen Arrows was added, negating the need for the ability, and while they struck it from the text they forgot about it in the table.

Disregard it until errata fixes it.

francom13

First Post
Thanks Jairami and everyone.

Jairami sounds like he know what he's talking about so I will go with his answer.

Piratecat can you post the Sages answer here when you get it.

Thanks
-Matt

Remove ads