ZEITGEIST Question about starting Zeitgeist

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
My copy says "If the party does not obey the Titan's wishes (i.e., bloody Xambria/Sijhen at some point)..."

I think it reads easier that way (the "i.e." states the titan's wishes, not the party's actions), but it's still a bit ambiguous. But yeah, the Voice of Rot wants Sijhen bloodied.

Empirate

First Post
Hi guys, haven't been posting much lately, but want to chime in to say I'm glad this PbP is still going strong! I'm still having a blast with my PF Zeitgeist campaign (due to moving, we're playing via Skype/Maptool, which works fine). We're past the mid point of Skyseer now, and I've run into a little problem.

During the intended-to-be-frustrating abandoned temple encounter, the group not only discovered the chimney exit before the bad guys were even there (!), they also one-shotted Cillian Creed pretty thoroughly: the group's Gunslinger/Paladin rolled a crit plus a hit with his two pistols, using Focused Aim (Mysterious Stranger archetype deed), Smite Evil, and being boosted by the Bard's Inspire Courage, for a whopping 85 points of damage! Even halved (incorporeal enemy), that's still enough to down Creed instantly. Just to be on the safe side, they lopped off the body's head and scrambled up the chimney, making their stealth checks easily for an unlooked-for complete triumph over the forces of bleakness.

So far, so awesome - I heartily congratulated, and the players seem to feel pretty good about themselves. They earned it, too: they really worked hard to follow all the leads, obey proper procedure, piss nobody off they'd need later on, and protect the innocent at the same time. However, I'm now missing a crucial boss for Dawn Square, don't I? I guess I could just put in a random technician controlling the flayed jaguars, but it just won't feel as good. You just sorta want a named character for this kind of role. However, there doesn't seem to exist an easy replacement, since Creed himself is just the right-hand man of Macbannin, after all.

hirou

Explorer
I'm running 4ed, so balance may be a bit off, but for my group the Dawn Square didn't need any 'boss' at all, the main question was whether jaguars were able to kill Nevard. Creed is supposed to appear during the final encounter at the villa, but (as my group killed him as well) I just skipped that battle part, with no visible consequences.

jacktannery

Explorer
Thanks Empirate - yeah still going strong! I should probably post up my latest handouts, for when my PCs returned to Flint after the zigurrat. Losing Creed in Dawn Square is no big deal if your PCs have tied up several of the other threads. Otherwise, just have MacBannin stand in for Creed in all subsequent threads until the end. You don;t need to worry about Creed changing the final encounter balance either - since PCs will usually sense it is the last encounter and go in all-guns blazing, they'll free anything that moves anyway I'd say.

jacktannery

Explorer
Some more handouts - these probably won't be as useful to other groups as my other handouts, but it should be easy enough to alter the names. Sorry about the size - I don't know how to put the attachments inside a
[sblock] spoiler tag [/sblock]

Attachments

• Rock Rackus.jpg
    Rock Rackus.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 389
  • Rose invite.png
    Rose invite.png
    993.2 KB · Views: 409
  • Adarun gala.jpg
    Adarun gala.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 379

jacktannery

Explorer
Some more skyseer visions from the ziggurat

Attachments

• Vision-6.jpg
    Vision-6.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 378
  • Vision-2.jpg
    Vision-2.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 312
  • Vision-4.jpg
    Vision-4.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 372
  • Vision Xamb in danger.jpg
    Vision Xamb in danger.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 350

jacktannery

Explorer
We lost a player. If anyone knows anyone looking to play by-by-post Zeitgeist 4E (we are almost at Act 3 in adventure 3) point them in my direction.

Remove ads