Level Up (A5E) Question for those who have bought the book

Waffels

Villager
I'm really interested in buying the book, still gathering up the coin, but I had a question that would be really important for me, since it's one of my favorite types of playing

Does Level UP A5E have any spellsword classes/subclasses like the bladesinger?

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I'm really interested in buying the book, still gathering up the coin, but I had a question that would be really important for me, since it's one of my favorite types of playing

Does Level UP A5E have any spellsword classes/subclasses like the bladesinger?
There are a handful of rather interesting varieties that can be created through the synergy feats

VenerableBede

Adventurer
A5e Bladelock is better than ever thanks to Eldritch Scythe and its synergy with Pact of the Blade and Thirsting Blade. Plus, A5e warlock uses spell points instead of spell slots, making the class more flexible than ever as week. I think it’s a really strong candidate for best pick for anyone who wants a spellsword-style class.

Waffels

Villager
A5e Bladelock is better than ever thanks to Eldritch Scythe and its synergy with Pact of the Blade and Thirsting Blade. Plus, A5e warlock uses spell points instead of spell slots, making the class more flexible than ever as week. I think it’s a really strong candidate for best pick for anyone who wants a spellsword-style class.
Is there any Inteligence based spellsword?

Faolyn

(she/her)
Is there any Inteligence based spellsword?
Warlocks can choose Int, Wis, or Cha as their spellcasting ability modifier.

There are also new "prestige class" Synergy feat chains specifically built around fighter/wizard multiclasses: the Bladechanter and the Eldritch Archer.

There are currently no gishy 3rd-caster fighter archetypes or particularly martial wizard archetypes, however. I'm sure it's a matter of time before someone makes one, though.

Stalker0

Legend
Just to dig in a little bit more specifically.

There is a feat called Bladechanter that you can take as either a Fighter4/Wiz3 or Wiz4/Fighter3. The feat contains made of the classic "bladesinger" type effects.

Faolyn

(she/her)

There is a feat called Bladechanter that you can take as either a Fighter4/Wiz3 or Wiz4/Fighter3. The feat contains made of the classic "bladesinger" type effects.
I have to wonder if there's any reason beyond flavor to limit it to wizards. It looks like it should work with any arcane spellcaster.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic

Not only that, it is the first of a 3 feat chain that brings progressively more interesting abilities

Remove ads