Level Up (A5E) Question for those who have bought the book

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
Awesome, so no Kickstarter or did I miss that above somewhere?
We're honestly not 100% sure about that. If we did do one, it would be solely for the purpose of artwork; we've got everything else handled in-house, and out editor/art director is working miracles with royalty-free/public domain artwork.

Anselm

Adventurer
We're honestly not 100% sure about that. If we did do one, it would be solely for the purpose of artwork; we've got everything else handled in-house, and out editor/art director is working miracles with royalty-free/public domain artwork.
That's makes a ton of sense. Thanks for the teaser! I'm very happy to see 3pp progress so far along!

I'll go ahead and post publicly.

Probably March or April-ish.

So first of all, the project in question is five of us working together, and there's a lot more than just gish support. We're still writing/designing, and we've got the following written up so far:
  • 8 new heritages (more than twice that many effectively when you consider the "branching options" on a lot of them - think of the way dragonborn work in A5E with three basic types)
  • 14 new cultures
  • 10 new backgrounds
  • 4 new destinies
  • 35 subclasses
  • 2 new synergy feat chains
  • 2 new stronghold types
  • 2 new follower types
  • 1 new "standard" weapon
  • 4 new cultural weapons
  • 1 new combat tradition
  • 12-ish new spells
We're basically done with backgrounds, cultures, and destinies. One of the heritages is likely going to be getting another half-dozen options, I have about 10 more subclasses to write up, and we're planning to add 2 (or maybe more, this is being discussed) additional multiclass synergy feat chains, 3 transformational synergy feat chains (similar the revenant, vampire, or lycanthrope options, but for different creature types), 4 more new follower types, 2 rare weapons, and around 20 new spells. We also have 3 designers working on entirely new base classes.

I'm handling most of the subclasses (3-4 for all of the existing Level Up base classes, including the Artificer), most of the spells, and all of the synergy feat chains.

So as far as gish-specific content, here's what I've got so far. I am going to keep it fairly vague for now, but here's what I've written up:
  • Tertiary-caster subclasses for the adept, berserker, and fighter and fighting-focused ones for sorcerer, warlock, and wizard.
  • A bunch of new spells that will be useful to gish-style characters.
  • The new full combat tradition with 15 new maneuvers is specific to spellcasting characters.
  • I am contemplating some additional synergy feat chains, several of which would be gish-y.
  • At least one of those new base classes is pretty gish-y.
Those who like to mix divine magic with fighting will also be pleased with various new subclasses, spells, etc.
This is fantastic, and since it's coming out only a few months after LU's, I feel it bodes really well for it's ongoing development and support!

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
This is fantastic, and since it's coming out only a few months after LU's, I feel it bodes really well for it's ongoing development and support!
An update on this:

While we are still planning to release the book at some point this year, all of the authors are currently busy working on upcoming official Level Up products (in some cases, more than one!), so that will ultimately push the release date back a bit. At this point, summer (July-August) is probably more likely than spring.

Anselm

Adventurer
An update on this:

While we are still planning to release the book at some point this year, all of the authors are currently busy working on upcoming official Level Up products (in some cases, more than one!), so that will ultimately push the release date back a bit. At this point, summer (July-August) is probably more likely than spring.
Appreciate you keeping people in the loop!

Remove ads