• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question of Complete Idiocy

Don Ventresca

First Post
  1. Just bought the 4E Players Handbook, but I have the worlds dumbest question. How on erth are you to detirmine how many powers you get to use a day

CovertOps

First Post
Somewhere near the front is a generic level advancement and XP table. It lists how many of each type of power you get and when (at-will, encounter, daily).

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
You can use all your daily powers once per day.

You can use all your encounter powers once per encounter.

You can use all your at-will powers at-will.

If you're wondering how many powers a player gets, the player gets to pick one power of each level they qualify for.

For example, a level 1 player gets any racial and/or class powers(channel divinity, defender at-wills, cantrips, fey step, elven accuracy, etc...) plus 2 at-wills plus 1 encounter power plus 1 daily.

At level 2, the player gets to pick one utility power from the level 2 utilities.

At level 3, the player gets to pick an additional encounter power from the level 3 or level 1 encounter powers.

As far as magic items, you can use 1 magic item daily per day, +1 per milestone reached.

Hope that answers your question!

DracoSuave

First Post
Actually, it's 1 item daily charges at 1-10, 2 at 11-20, 3 at 21-30.

Other than that, the math is simple:

How many dailies do you have? You can use that many per day, and each only once per day.

There's no 'slots' or anything like it used to be. You have a power, you can use it, and with few exceptions it doesn't effect other power's 'slot'.

1. Just bought the 4E Players Handbook, but I have the worlds dumbest question. How on erth are you to detirmine how many powers you get to use a day
I am disappointed. I am sure there are more stupid questions. ;)

The tables on p.27 to p.29 should be helpful.

IN a way, there are no "slots" - you just have a power and can use it as often as it says (once per encounter, once per day). At higher levels, you retrain a lower level power and replace it with a higher level power. That's where you can really start considering them as "slots".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads