WOIN Question on Fey

Ercsmith

First Post
Hi all,
I have a quick question on the nature of Fey creatures. Some EONS articles, such as the Nymph article, describe the Fey Exploit as sensing magic within ten feet and being 1d6 vulnerable to cold iron. The Bestiary however only lists the magic detection for Fey creatures and not the vulnerability. The exploit description makles it sound like it applies equally to all Fey but the creature descriptions are different. Is there an official description for the Fey Exploit?

Thanks

Eric

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It’ll be clarified in OLD v1.2, but yep — 10’ sense magic and vuln (1d6) cold iron. That will also apply to PC races like elves.

Ercsmith

First Post
Thanks, That was how I was playing it, much to the Elven PC's disgust. So the next question would be is there a WOIN definition of Cold Iron? Is it any iron or is it a special item or is that a campaign issue you would rather not get into? Seems to be a lot of opinions on this.:)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It’s a specific material; it’s not just any old iron. Again, part of the v1.2 clarifications, but a cold iron weapon costs twice a regular one.

dekrass

Explorer
It’s a specific material; it’s not just any old iron. Again, part of the v1.2 clarifications, but a cold iron weapon costs twice a regular one.
I don't see any mention of cold iron or silver weapons in O.L.D. v1.2, but it's still in the bestiary for some monsters. Was it just overlooked for the book?

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
It’ll be clarified in OLD v1.2, but yep — 10’ sense magic and vuln (1d6) cold iron. That will also apply to PC races like elves.
Thanks, That was how I was playing it, much to the Elven PC's disgust.
I remember reading that vulnerability only applies on fey that are outside of their home plane.
Dont ask me where I read that...

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
I found it in the errata on woinrpg.com - didn't read the race / monster creation section in old until now.
But its great to see that old 1.2 seems to be full errata'ed :)

Len

Prodigal Member
I found it in the errata on woinrpg.com
Must be a recent addition, it wasn't there the last time I looked at the errata.

I still have a question about this - the Fey traits say that "Fey not native to the real world are vunlerable (1d6) to cold iron", but the errata says that Fey PCs are vulnerable to cold iron - even though they are native to the real world (presumably)... is that right?

Remove ads