ZEITGEIST Question on Logos features

Tormyr

Adventurer
I have a question I have been meaning to ask for a while since one of my players is eyeing the Eschatologist character theme.

I noticed that the 5e Logos has Charisma for its prerequisite, but it uses Intelligence to calculate DCs for its features. All the other prestige classes use the same attribute for the prerequisite and for calculating DCs (or making a check). Shouldn't Logos use the same ability for both? If so, should it be Charisma or Intelligence? The first paragraph of Fiat would make me think that Charisma would fit better.

Beginning at 1st level when you select this prestige class, you learn that if opinion can be swayed by rhetoric so too can behavior, and how to impose this certainty upon the world by fiat.
I realize I can do whatever I want for my game, but I was wondering if I was missing an intentional separation here.

hirou

Explorer
Eschatologists are definitely driven by Intellectual debates... in theory. In practice, Grandis Komanov is a typical "charismatic leader", who swayed quite far from the intended direction of Drakran philosophy. So maybe discuss with the player, which type of eschatologist are they?

Tormyr

Adventurer
Oh, the player is planning to play a Paladin, so Charisma is preferred. I was more interested in if the difference was intentional and whether I was missing something.

As an aside, the PC is intended to be the son of a clergy father who fell in love with a skyseer mother and was born in Crysillyir. He moved to Risur to explore his mother's tradition.

hirou

Explorer
Cryssilyiri paladin, son of skyseer, who is interested in eschatology. I really hope he will invent his own philosophy method in the end, to unite all other inferior ones. Only lacking Beran/Danoran (which are similar, actually) connection here...

Remove ads