WOIN [Question] Same named Exploits?

Drekin

Villager
Hello again
Drekin is still here, with more questions!

I remember reading some time back that you can't acquire an exploit that shares a name with an exploit you already have. Example you can't take both:

Curriculum Exploits. Choose any three soft exploits from the Universal Exploits for Martial Artists sidebar. (from Aikido Martial Arts career, N.O.W.)
Curriculum Exploits. Choose any three hard exploits from the Universal Exploits for Martial Artists sidebar. (from Capoeira Martial Arts career, N.O.W.)

Is this true?

Please advise
Drekin

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
Where did you hear that? I can’t recall writing anything to that effect.

NEW, pg. 30, top right reads:
"Occasionally, an exploit may appear in more than one career; you may still only select it once, even if you choose both careers."

I would read that like Drekkin - but according to morrus' reaction, I think he meant "exploits that share the same effect", not "exploits that share the same name".

Drekkin, that's a difficult one this time for non-native english speakers; I still hope you guys don't get sick from reading my posts 😂

Drekin

Villager
So one couldn't choose both:
Curriculum Exploits. Choose any three soft exploits from the Universal Exploits for Martial Artists sidebar. (from Aikido Martial Arts career, N.O.W.)
Curriculum Exploits. Choose any three soft exploits from the Universal Exploits for Martial Artists sidebar. (from Northern Shaolin Martial Arts career, N.O.W.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That refers to those cases where the exact same exploit appears in more than one career. If an exploit is merely similar, it's not the same exploit.

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
So one couldn't choose both:
Curriculum Exploits. Choose any three soft exploits from the Universal Exploits for Martial Artists sidebar. (from Northern Shaolin Martial Arts career, N.O.W.)
I agree, but you could combine one of your examples with Curriculum Exploits from Southern Shaolin (which grants hard exploits) AND Curriculum Exploits from Kung Fu (which grants soft and hard exploits).

Like morrus said - you should simply allow to get the same Curriculum Exploit multiple times - until there are no martial exploit choices the character doesn't own.

Remove ads