• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Quests of Doom Playthrough

Thanks emdw45. Do you happen to know how long (hours of play) the high level ones are? Say The Pit of Despair: "at least 13th" and Isle of Eliphaz: "at least 14th"? I'm looking for some material to use with 15th level characters.

Not offhand. I can say though that I'm not impressed with either of those two on paper. They both seem kind of railroadey and arbitrary; Eliphaz in particular has a lich whose goals just don't make any sense to me. He's spent years trying to release and then enslave an imprisoned elemental who is basically as tough as two earth elementals put together. Not only do I not get why the angels imprisoned it in the first place, I don't see why someone so powerful that he can create a permanent, selective antimagic field over a whole island even cares. He should just Planar Bind a couple of earth elementals instead of wasting years of his unlife.

Plus, I hate gimmicky anti-magic fields.

I have similar problems with Pit of Despair's setup.

Thanks for that feedback. I'm looking for some quality material for levels 15+ if anyone knows of anything. I'm not up for converting other editions adventures at this point -- I'm really looking for something ready to use.

Thanks for that feedback. I'm looking for some quality material for levels 15+ if anyone knows of anything. I'm not up for converting other editions adventures at this point -- I'm really looking for something ready to use.

Okay. Bear in mind that tastes vary--you might love Isle of Eliphaz if you're more into cool tricks and traps and less into internal consistency than I am. I gave details about my aversion so you can evaluate whether or not you'd have a similar reaction.

Some people don't mind it when a legendary threat doesn't have actual legendary stats. I do.

Unwise

Adventurer
I used a slightly varied version of Noble Rot, my PCs just burnt the whole place down after sledge hammering out the corners of some supporting walls. I had described lots of old withered vines and large pallets of mulch, so they had plenty of fuel to work with. Even though one of the PCs had rightful claim to the place, they said "who the heck would ever drink a wine made from this place ever again?" I am not sure if it was just that the variations I put in did not give a compelling reason to explore or cleanse the place, or if it was an issue with the adventure itself, I can't rightly remember.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads