• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick question about Two-Weapon Fighting feat

Tarkus

First Post
Is the off-hand attack granted by the two-weapon fighting feat only usable as part of a full attack action, or can it be used as part of a standard attack action?

Quez The Lame

First Post
Tarkus said:
Is the off-hand attack granted by the two-weapon fighting feat only usable as part of a full attack action, or can it be used as part of a standard attack action?
Only as part of a full attack. But there is a feat in Complete Adventurer that allows to attack with both hands as a standard action (or was it when charging?).

Greets, Quez

Tarkus

First Post
I've got another question, and this one is a SW RPG d20 question. If a character is using the Two-Weapon Fighting feat to weild two blaster pistols, can he use multifire and/or rapid shot with one and/or both of the blasters?

Kemrain

First Post
Rapid Shot and like feats only work with one weapon. You get your offhand iterative attacks as normal, your rapid/multi shot attacks, but not offhand rapid/multi shots.

- Kemrain the Fairly Positive Sie's Right.

Egres

First Post
Tarkus said:
Note that you don't need the TWF feat to obtain an off-hand attack.

The feat simply reduces the penalties.

Tarkus

First Post
Off-hand rapid shot/multifire?

Tarkus said:
I've got another question, and this one is a SW RPG d20 question. If a character is using the Two-Weapon Fighting feat to weild two blaster pistols, can he use multifire and/or rapid shot with one and/or both of the blasters?

Kae'Yoss said:
As far as I know, you can fire away with those two blasters.

Kemrain said:
Rapid Shot and like feats only work with one weapon. You get your offhand iterative attacks as normal, your rapid/multi shot attacks, but not offhand rapid/multi shots.

- Kemrain the Fairly Positive Sie's Right.

Well now we have one person who says it's one way and another person that says it's another way. Is there a definitive answer to this question? Is the answer somewhere in the revised core rulebook and I just missed it? As far as I can tell as the rules are written it can go either way. If anyone out there can find the answer and give me a page number reference it would really help.

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
Tarkus said:
Well now we have one person who says it's one way and another person that says it's another way. Is there a definitive answer to this question? Is the answer somewhere in the revised core rulebook and I just missed it? As far as I can tell as the rules are written it can go either way. If anyone out there can find the answer and give me a page number reference it would really help.

Well, it seems to me that you could take two rapid shots at the same time, but the -2's would stack. IDHMBIFOM, but that's logical to me.

I'll check when I get home

-Tatsu

Coredump

Explorer
Rapid fire gives you one extra attack. Period. Not one extra per gun.

Just like in DnD, if you were throwing daggers, using TWF and Rapid shot, you would not get to use rapid shot with each hand.

Same with multifire and autofire, they affect the primary attack *only*. It is not as plain as the rapid shot feat, but it is spelled out in the FAQ. (Which is accumulated from the Jedi Counselings, which are very good about distinguising between clarifications, house rules, and errata.)

http://swrpgnetwork.com/files/faq/

And as mentioned, TWF feat does not grant you an off-hand attack. You can always do that, it just lessens the penalties.

Tarkus

First Post
Thanks Coredump that link really helped. I can't say I agree with that explanation but the point is that now I have a solid answer. Only one rapid shot/multifire/autofire per round. Period.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads