• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Tarrasque Question.

Sekhmet

First Post
As per Drowning Rules:

If you maintain holding your breath, you suffer no HP damage. you could be at 100% full.

Once you fail the CON check for holding your breath, in that round you're dropped to 0HP and unconscious.

In the next round, you're -1 and dying.

In the third round, you've Drowned, which as I understand it = -10 dead.

A person who has drowned can be resuscitated, assuming they've drowned only recently.
I'd cause the creature to continue making it's "stabilize" checks until they reach -10 to be resuscitated after drowning. If they stabilize within 9 rounds, I'd let them be resuscitated, and if they fail to do so, they would be dead.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I am thinking a wizard could do no better to increase his survival than using mind jar to possess the body of a tarrasque. They also make great siege weapons...

Shaghayegh

First Post
I am thinking a wizard could do no better to increase his survival than using mind jar to possess the body of a tarrasque. They also make great siege weapons...

Waking up a hibernating tarrasque and find a way to make it accept your phylactery so you can possess it could be a major quest for a wizard or sorcerer...

Sekhmet

First Post
Rather than having to deal with the unruly Tarrasque, why not just make a hundred simulacrum of him once you've killed him?
Seems it'd be the better route.

Sekhmet

First Post
Rather than having to deal with the unruly Tarrasque, why not just make a hundred simulacrum of him once you've killed him?
Seems it'd be the better route.

the Jester

Legend
Hey, look at that! Thank you again sir.

You DID do tons of damage. You took it from full HP down to 0.

...which is not enough. (Even assuming that I buy the "drowning = damage" argument, which I do not.)

As per Drowning Rules:

If you maintain holding your breath, you suffer no HP damage. you could be at 100% full.

Once you fail the CON check for holding your breath, in that round you're dropped to 0HP and unconscious.

In the next round, you're -1 and dying.

In the third round, you've Drowned, which as I understand it = -10 dead.

...which is not enough. (Even assuming that I buy the "drowning = damage" argument, which I do not.)

In pre-3e, you have to reduce the tarrasque to -30 hit points before wishing it dead. In 3e, you need to deal nonlethal damage equal to its hp + 10 before using a wish/miracle. In neither case does drowning meet the requirements.

Shaghayegh

First Post
Drowning would be a good way to halt a tarrasque's progress and incapacitate it long enough to deal some serious damage, especially if you could use some kind of indirect attack that spell resistance would not block...

Sekhmet

First Post

In pre-3e, you have to reduce the tarrasque to -30 hit points before wishing it dead. In 3e, you need to deal nonlethal damage equal to its hp + 10 before using a wish/miracle. In neither case does drowning meet the requirements.

SRD said:
No form of damage deals lethal damage to the tarrasque... the tarrasque can be slain only by raising it's nonlethal damage total to its full normal hit points +10

Drowning is a form of damage.
No form of damage deals lethal damage to the tarrasque, therefor all forms must deal nonlethal damage to the tarrasque.
Drowning therefor deals nonlethal damage to the tarrasque.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads