• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Quintessential" and "Path of..." 3.5 compatible?

Crothian

First Post
Ther ea re a fewe Quint books that were written for 3.5 but none of the Path books were. But converting them on your own has been realtively easy for me and my group.

Estlor

Explorer
I've found that most 3.0 books are almost fully compatible with 3.5, regardless of who put them out or what their topic is. You have to keep an eye out for similarities between the book and core so changes made to core carry over, but aside from that, in small amounts anything from 3.0 works just fine as is in 3.5

Psion

Adventurer
I find that in most cases, concerns about compatibility of products written with 3.0 in mind for 3.5 is a BIT overblown. There are exceptions, of course. Classes which actually have character statistics (especially bards and rangers) really do need some tinkering to get 3.5 ready.

In some cases, you might find that new feats or modified rules are things that are fixed in 3.5.

One big gotcha. As little as I like the "Schools" in the path books, they are even more problematic in 3.5, where the FR experience rules become standard.

But anyways, I still use some Quint Books and some Path books in my game. But then, I don't totally run 3.5, so YMMV.

Remove ads