• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Race Elimination Round 5

What is your Least Favourite Race?

• Dwarf

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Eladrin

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Elf

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Gnome

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Goblin

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Halfling

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Half-elf

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Half-orc

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hobgoblin

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Kobold

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Longtooth Shifter

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Poll closed .

surfarcher

First Post
It was a Dark and Stormy night...
Robotsinmyhead was adventuring and needed a place to sleep.
Tanis Half-Elven was staying under a Wayward tree with a warm welcoming fire.
"Hi, may I join you?" Robotsinmyhead asked soaking wet from the rain.
"By all means," Tanis Half-Elven replyed with a friendly smile. "You should get out of those wet close. Here I have a blanket."

Cue Brokeback Mountain music...

Suddenly this makse sense!

* runs faster * screams louder *

robotsinmyhead

First Post
It was a Dark and Stormy night...
Robotsinmyhead was adventuring and needed a place to sleep.
Tanis Half-Elven was staying under a Wayward tree with a warm welcoming fire.
"Hi, may I join you?" Robotsinmyhead asked soaking wet from the rain.
"By all means," Tanis Half-Elven replyed with a friendly smile. "You should get out of those wet close. Here I have a blanket."

Cue Brokeback Mountain music...
Tanis is such a nice guy. Real, real nice.

Mengu

First Post
We have a pretty clear top 5 this time around.

Longtooth Shifter (31) - lots of dislike for this, I'm guessing some because of certain powerful mechanics, and some because of the were-nature and animalistic looks of the race.

Hobgoblin (25), Kobold (23), Goblin (17) - not surprising that MM races are getting eliminated.

Tiefling (18) - Weren't these guys supposed to be the "bad boys" everyone was going to fall in love with? Probably due to some unusual choices in imagery and somewhat flopping mechanics for the iconic class expectations from the race, I don't think they met that expectation.

eamon

Explorer
I think I'll start the next round ASAP so we can get down to the juicy, acrimonious end of this bloody mess - I'll steal your recap, mengu, if you don't mind?

interwyrm

First Post
Tiefling (18) - Weren't these guys supposed to be the "bad boys" everyone was going to fall in love with? Probably due to some unusual choices in imagery and somewhat flopping mechanics for the iconic class expectations from the race, I don't think they met that expectation.

I loved tieflings in 3e, partly because of the wide range of appearances the fluff attributed to them. I was not a fan of the standardization of them to all have tails, hooves, and large horns.

In general, I think people also just roll their eyes at angsty races, and rightly so.

So basically, what you said.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads