D&D 5E Races and classes

I get where you’re coming from. Like I said, I see them as kind of hybrid systems, though they lean more towards skill-based than class-based, which I did acknowledge when you first raised the point.

Nothing you’d have seen in any 1st party stuff. I shared a ton of homebrew on the official forums during the early days of CofD 2e, which caught the attention of one of the devs and some of the other freelancers, and lead to me doing some playtesting for the original draft of Changeling: the Lost 2e. Sadly, the developer working on that version parted ways with Onyx Path before the project was finished and they rebooted C:tL 2e under a different dev (and the drama tied to that is the reason I’ve kind of fallen out of love with the company.) I also wrote a Condition for Hurt Locker, which didn’t make it into the published version for reasons also related to the same developer’s departure. I probably would have gone on to do more stuff for C:tL if the whole experience hadn’t soured me on the idea of applying for any more work for them. More recently though, I wrote some stuff for a 3rd party Vampire: the Requiem product that I probably can’t talk about yet, but should be coming to the Storyteller’s Vault soon. If you’re interested I’ll let you know more about it when I can.
Oh absolutely please!!!

I've never had the chance to run a Changeling: The Lost game, if makes me so very very sad. 😭 It seems like it would be so much fun but my old group is back in my old place of residence. My new group in my new city is solely fantasy at the moment as they are all rescues from a bad D&D only DM. I'm hoping once I get them over the new system hump I might convince them to give Changeling a try. They seem like the type that might go for it, but it's pretty niche so I'm not getting my hopes up.

But yes, please give me a heads up when you can!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Oh absolutely please!!!

I've never had the chance to run a Changeling: The Lost game, if makes me so very very sad. 😭 It seems like it would be so much fun but my old group is back in my old place of residence. My new group in my new city is solely fantasy at the moment as they are all rescues from a bad D&D only DM. I'm hoping once I get them over the new system hump I might convince them to give Changeling a try. They seem like the type that might go for it, but it's pretty niche so I'm not getting my hopes up.

But yes, please give me a heads up when you can!
I don’t think I’d be able to play C:tL again. Maybe 1e, but all I can see in 2e is the game it could have been. I guess I’m a grognard for a game that never was 😅

Anyway, this is getting way off-topic. I super appreciate your interest though, and I’ll definitely let you know when the Vampire book goes up on the ST Vault!

Oofta

Legend
O

i know I can’t convince you but I’m compelled to try...

Just don’t review it. It won’t break the game. Literally nothing in 5e can.

First, I think a DM is completely within their rights to say "no" to whatever they want. But I will also add that I've had players (fortunately long ago) that either "misinterpreted" the rules or just outright cheated because I didn't double check. The former is perfectly understood, I'm sure I've misunderstood rulings now and then. The latter doesn't happen often, but it does happen. More in public games than home games.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
First, I think a DM is completely within their rights to say "no" to whatever they want. But I will also add that I've had players (fortunately long ago) that either "misinterpreted" the rules or just outright cheated because I didn't double check. The former is perfectly understood, I'm sure I've misunderstood rulings now and then. The latter doesn't happen often, but it does happen. More in public games than home games.
It’s amazing. What is even the point?

I play with friends and I think we would rather fall on our 🗡 i mean d20 than cheat.

the benefit of public are all the odd ideas. With my long term group there is some predictability.

we still make fun of each others high school characters!

Oofta

Legend
It’s amazing. What is even the point?

I play with friends and I think we would rather fall on our 🗡 i mean d20 than cheat.

the benefit of public are all the odd ideas. With my long term group there is some predictability.

we still make fun of each others high school characters!
Yeah, the one cheater I was thinking of was in LFR (4E). He said he had a power that could "eat" enemy's action surges. When asked about it specifically he always "forgot" his book and would refer to his note that he had made in writing so small even he had trouble reading it. When I finally got the specific book and read it back ... it said nothing of the sort. :confused: Since I was running the game day at that point I gave them a warning that if it happened again I'd ban them.

I had another guy that had one of those oversized D20s, whenever he went to "roll" he would spin the die to get the number he wanted and then just drop the die on the table. Then again he also literally thought he was a werewolf and we just never invited him to the next game. I mean, it was either that or try to find out where to find some wolfsbane.

Remove ads