D&D General Races as Pizzas ... Put in your Contributions

Zardnaar

Legend
Maybe I didn't get the joke, but Ufa isn't in Kazakhstan (it's the capital of Republic of Bashkortostan that is a part of Russian Federation, while Kazakhstan is an independent nation), though pretty close.

No joke. I meant I can go to Ufa and head south aka down your way. One of my favorite beers is 1/4 the price in Ufa;).

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Dragonborn
I cannot improve on @doctorbadwolf - the dragonborn are the Hawaiian pizza of D&D. Relatively new, distinctive, beloved by some and viewed as "not pizza" by others.
It pleases me greatly that I was going to say exactly this thing. Good to see we're all on the same page.

(Also: the better version of Hawaiian that has bacon and provolone feels very fitting here too. Some people think adding bacon makes everything better...just as some people coughDEFINITELYnotmecough think adding dragons make everything better.)

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Personally, I'd actually say that half-orc is the "veggie de-lite" and orc is the pure-vegan, gluten-free "pizza."

The former used to be unpopular, had been hard to find, and used to have a reasonably-justified bad rap, but now is coming into vogue as the methods/ingredients improve and people start to question the "standard" toppings. Some people will still roll their eyes at you for eating it, but it's a standard menu option.

The latter is still often viewed as Not Really An Option, unless you're a bit of a hipster or (more rarely) have actually legit reasons for avoiding more "mainstream" ingredients. Many places won't even offer it on the menu.

Elf is like Chicago-style deep dish. If you're a fan, none of the foibles matter--or are actually perks. If you aren't a fan, you don't even give it the time of day.

Gnome is like artichoke pizza. It's not something very many people take; in fact, most people have never had it and wouldn't specifically ask for it. But if you stop offering due to insufficient demand, suddenly people will discover a love of it that lasts only as long as it isn't provided...

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Completely unrelated, but today I've discovered that pineapples mesh very well with jalapenos.

It does. Other hot peppers or extra spicy sauce mesh really wells an Hawaiian pizza for that exact same reason!

I'll try to find the recipe for that horse/lamb/raisin pizza of yours and @Zardnaar's potato wedges one, it sounds fantastic and I love trying new pizza.

I knew a topic comparing pizzas and D&D races would not be a waste of my time!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Nah, elves are very popular, but also very cliched. I might actually say they’re the pepperoni pizza, and half elves are, well, pepperoni on half.

To be specific, when I say "No one wants to play an elf," what I mean is, "No one with good taste, or taste similar to mine, but I repeat myself."

Zardnaar

Legend
It does. Other hot peppers or extra spicy sauce mesh really wells an Hawaiian pizza for that exact same reason!

I'll try to find the recipe for that horse/lamb/raisin pizza of yours and @Zardnaar's potato wedges one, it sounds fantastic and I love trying new pizza.

I knew a topic comparing pizzas and D&D races would not be a waste of my time!

That's the topping list. IDK the recipe though.

Remove ads