• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races of Eberron *Update - Couple of folks have it - Ask questions here*

jasin

Explorer
Hellcow said:
As a note on the drow, different drow tribes can be VERY different. What's in RoE gives the vaguest overview of them, this is by know means comprehensive (as shown by the Umbragen in the April issue of Dragon).
I didn't see that Dragon. What's Umbragen?

jasin

Explorer
Gez said:
You know, Jasin, I'd say the niche of the "decadent creepy elves" is filled by the Aerenal.
That's a very good point.

Still, I've just finished reading Dissolution, and went away annoyed at the default D&D drow petty evilness when there's so much potential for coolness in the whole Unseelie Court thing, and hoped for something more like what I want from Eberron drow.

But even so, RoE seems very cool from what I've heard here/seen on the previews over at WotC.

jasin

Explorer
Darkness said:
One, bonus on Will saves while fighting defensively/using Combat Expertise, starting on the second round you're doing so.
Two, attack bonus on round after fighting defensively/using CE.
Three, if fighting defensively/using CE for 2 rounds, AC bonus stays for another round without attack roll penalty.
I so want to play a kalashtar warrior now.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
jasin said:
I didn't see that Dragon. What's Umbragen?
A drow tribe living underground. They're into shadow stuff and such (IIRC). Favored multiclass Warlock. Very, very cool.

Egres

First Post
2nd and final question: could anyone be so gentle to post info about the Battleshifter Training
and Ragewild Fighting tactical feats?

In my country RoE will not arrive before June! :(

Antara

First Post
Shifter Druid substitutions - any useful?
Truedive Trait and Elite Truedive - Do they have something more than swim speed (and how fast can they swim)?

Darkness

Egres said:
could anyone be so gentle to post info about the Battleshifter Training and Ragewild Fighting tactical feats?

By the way, you can only take one or the other but never both.

Basic overview of abilities (i.e., most have some further requirements on their use):

Battleshifter Training
Tiring Defense: Creatures who miss you but that you hit, while fighting defensively, become fatigued.
Exploit Weakness: Bonus damage vs. creatures that are fatigued (or suffer from one of a few other, similar conditions).
Riposte: When fighting defensively, spend action point to gain extra attack on foe who just missed you with a full attack.

Ragewild Fighting
Instinctive Strike: Gain extra attack upon failing Will save vs. a (non-harmless) spell.
Rattle the Weakling: Daze opponent with big Power Attack.
Brutal Charge: Spend action point to gain bonus damage on a charge.

Darkness

Antara said:
Shifter Druid substitutions - any useful?
Yep, they're pretty cool.

1st: Gain a beast spirit instead of an animal companion. It lives within you and gives you some abilities (more and stronger as you advance in druid level, of course) - bonus to physical ability score, Alertness, longer shifting and better wild empathy, a few more spells, etc.
4th: Reckless nature instead of resist nature's lure. Insight bonus to initiative and Reflex SV, but penalty to Will SV.
5th: Wild shifting instead of wild shape. You become an uber-shifter, your shifting growing stronger the higher you advance as a druid, basically.
Antara said:
Truedive Trait and Elite Truedive - Do they have something more than swim speed (and how fast can they swim)?
Truedive swim speed is 30 ft. Besides swim speed, you can also hold your breath longer - even when you aren't shifting.

Truedive Elite improves your swim speed by 10 ft. and negates certain combat penalties for fighting in water.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads