• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races of Eberron *Update - Couple of folks have it - Ask questions here*

Vocenoctum

First Post
Amy Kou'ai said:
Because it's not an Eberron book.

It's a standard D&D book in the Races series. It merely happens to assume that all of your fluff (and some of your crunch) is going to be based upon the Eberron Campaign Setting, and that your players will be playing characters based expressly in Eberron.

But it's not an Eberron book. I don't know where you got that idea. >.>

In all seriousness, it's to emphasize the "You can still use this even if you're not running Eberron" factor. Far as I gather.
Actually, they reprint the race-stats from Eberron's Core, so the book is intended as both more information for Eberron players, as well as all information you'd need to use the races in a normal campaign. The format is the same as other Race books, though there is a Eberron wide-screen type scene in the begining of the book.

Knight Otu

First Post
Thanks, Darkness!:)
I guess Flawed won't take up that class anytime soon then. It may only be short 4 ranks in Craft and 4 in Sense Motive, but those Sense Motive ranks would be definitely out of character. :lol: It really does not get those humans and shifters and gnomes...

Von Ether

Legend
Plane Sailing said:
Nah, they would have to worship ticks, mites, solifugids, whip scorpions or harvestmen (to stick with the arachnid theme. Everyone knows that scorpions are arachnids too, yes?)
Hence why I replaced Drow with something more pulpy ....

Talking apes with cyberized spellware!

Everyone at the FGLS tells me I'm mad to this, but it's genius I tell you!!! Genius!!!

No, seriously that's what I did. I saved all the spider/insect stuff as visuals for my dealkyr villian.

Wycen

Explorer
Darkness said:
Feats

[Warforged]
(Note: Yeah, some of these are in the ECS too.)
Adamantine Body
Cold Iron Tracery
Construct Lock
Improved Resiliency
Ironwood Body
Jaws of Death
Mithral Body
Second Slam
Silver Tracery
Spiked Body
Unarmored Body

Having just bought the book and read the warforged feats, I'm not liking Unarmored Body and Ironwood Body isn't what I expected. For a wizard or sorcerer warforged, I am going to have to go with our homebrewed feat. I didn't even consider the druid factor, but this could be useful for someone who wants to play a warforged druid as well by changing it a bit.

Arcana Articulation [Warforged]

Late in the Last War some warforged were crafted with spellcasting in mind, having more dexterous digits and a refined vocal system as well as composite plating made of bronzewood, darkleaf, leafweave and other substances less impeding to magic.

Prerequisites: Warforged, 1st level only.

Benefit: Your body was crafted with spellcasting in mind and you suffer no arcane spell failure chance.

Normal: Warforged ordinarily have a 5% arcane spell failure chance.

Galen44

First Post
Wycen said:
Having just bought the book and read the warforged feats, I'm not liking Unarmored Body and Ironwood Body isn't what I expected.

What does Unarmored Body do? (Aside from the obvious...)

Galen

Glyfair

Explorer
Galen44 said:
What does Unarmored Body do? (Aside from the obvious...)

Pretty much the obvious. It removes the effects of the Composite Plating & the Improved Fortification warforged usually have. You can cast arcane spells without the normal arcane spell failure chance, and can wear armor and magic robes and gain their benefits.

Galen44

First Post
Glyfair said:
Pretty much the obvious. It removes the effects of the Composite Plating & the Improved Fortification warforged usually have. You can cast arcane spells without the normal arcane spell failure chance, and can wear armor and magic robes and gain their benefits.

So it doesn't really give you any "benefit" aside from taking away the armor bonus (and thus the restriction on wearing robes/armor and spell failure chance) and partial immunity to critical hits that you usually get?

Hrmmm... this costs you a feat???

Galen

Glyfair

Explorer
Galen44 said:
So it doesn't really give you any "benefit" aside from taking away the armor bonus (and thus the restriction on wearing robes/armor and spell failure chance) and partial immunity to critical hits that you usually get?

Hrmmm... this costs you a feat???

I agree. I really think it should give some direct benefit to the character, rather than just removing abilities from the race (even those that can be mixed blessings).

Gez

First Post
It's all part of the "see, warforged are not that powerful, they even have one feat less than most people of their level" since lots of warforged will take one of the Stuff Body feats at first level.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads