• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Radiant Servant Empowered/Maximized Healing

Beckett

Explorer
Welp, the player agreed that the power only applies to spells from his domain slots, but he still is happy to be able to cast a couple of free maximized cures a day. Add that to his divine metamagic-empower, and he'll get plenty of healing done. He also reminded me that I might be mis-remembering the other player's interp of the ability.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Diirk said:
Well sort of. If you take the domain caster optional feature from PHB2 and select the heal domain, then you can spontaneously cast any Heal Domain spell instead of the normal Cure <xxx>s... and they would qualify for the empower/maximise.

Alternatively with that Domain Spontaneity feat (Complete Divine?) you can do the same thing by burning a turn undead attempt each time, and you retain access to your normal cure sponting as well.

Actually, the alternate class feature wouldnt get the empowered maximize because those are n't spells prepared in domain slots. I asked CSR on this and they agreed.

I dont know about the feat... but it is pretty straight forward. Only the Domain slot spell gets the benefit. Not spontaneous spells because those are using a different spell slot that isnt a domain slot.

The pearl of power is a good way to get multiple uses because it gives you back that spell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads