Raising the Dead...

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Are there any other spells out there that are used to raise or ressurect PC's other than Ressurection, True Ressurection & Raise Dead?

I know of the the Golden Bough Spell from Baston Press' Spells and Magic book. Are there any other spells like this. It doesnt matter if it's form WOTC or any other publishers, it just has to be 3rd Ed and IN PRINT.

Thanks in advance!

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Druids get reincarnation, true reincarnation, and last breath.

(The latter two are from Masters of the Wild. True reincarnation is analogous to True Resurrection, and Last Breath is like raise dead for someone who died during the last round)

Daniel

Belbarrus

First Post
Relics & Rituals from Sword & Sorcery Studioes has a spell called Invigorate Dead. It basically acts as a temporary Raise Dead spell for 1 Hour/caster level. The target is limited to partial actions, but otherwise is considered "back from the dead". You can keep the person alive this way with repeated castings :)

(Edit: Changed the name of the spell after I looked up the actual name.)

Last edited:

Tiberius

Explorer
Reincarnation and True Reincarnation are Drd 4 and Drd 9, respectively. Both are from WotC (PH, MotW). AEG's Rokugan campaign setting book has the spell Kharma, which functions like Reincarnation, but may not be applicable for your game.

For a temporary fix, there's Revenence from the Magic of Faerun. Like Raise Dead, except without the level loss and only lasts a few minutes.

If you're evil, or know evil people, and have access to the appropriate templates from Savage Species, you can use the Create Undead and Create Greater Undead spells.

That's all I can think of right now.

-Tiberius

Azul

First Post
Magic of Faerun has Revenance (Brd 5, Clr4, Pal4) which acts like Raise Dead except it only lasts for 1 minute per level (then you go back to being dead).

Limited wish can simulate a Raise Dead.
Wish or Miracle can simulate a Resurrection.

If you want to go the necromantic route you could use a Create Undead or Create Greater Undead spell to add an undead template onto a character. IMC, I allow the Bone Creature and Corpse creature templates (from BoVD) to be added this way. Requires a house ruling to a certain degree.

Trickstergod

First Post
Greater Timeheal, from Sword and Sorceries Relics and Rituals II, has an Arcane spell, of all things, that can raise the dead, so long as the target died no more than 1 round for every 2 of the casters levels ago. It's a 7th level spell, and does have an XP cost to it.

LokiDR

First Post
Magic of Ferun, Death to Undeath. Cleric, level 6 or so, that permently removes 2 points of constitution. When you die, you come back as a fairly basic (free willed) undead creature. You then go get raised or what not.

You can use wish as an improved form of time heal. You can restore a person to the state they were in a few minutes ago, and not loose a level, as they do with Greater Timeheal. The precident is Die Vecna Die, where a pair of lich brothers did this. It even restores the wish that the slain brother had.

Sanackranib

First Post
ShinHakkaider said:
Are there any other spells out there that are used to raise or ressurect PC's other than Ressurection, True Ressurection & Raise Dead?

I know of the the Golden Bough Spell from Baston Press' Spells and Magic book. Are there any other spells like this. It doesnt matter if it's form WOTC or any other publishers, it just has to be 3rd Ed and IN PRINT.

Thanks in advance!

Why bother to raise them when you can animate them?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases