Ran/Played my first game of 4e yesterday.

Tortoise

First Post
The party later discovered some burial chambers and other ancient ruins. They eventually caught up with the hexer as he used a ritual to open a large sealed doorway.

IMG_1140a on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_1138a on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Then they made their way into the final encounter with a horde of decrepit skeleton minions and an elite blue dragon wyrmling.

IMG_1143a on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This battle could have been bad for the party had I been using the skeleton minions to bar their path to the dragon instead of merely harrassing them from all sides.

As it was the hexer who they had managed to win over to their side through massive intimidation and great diplomacy (natural 20 at one key moment) got lucky with his blinding hex and the dragon was limited in what it could do. It still managed to down the fighter and leave the barbarian in single digit hit points, and everyone fearing what it could do if it saved and could target better as well as regaining full mobility.

Tortoise

First Post
After some consideration I might, just might convert and run Dwellers of the Forbidden City as a good way to get folks familiar with 4e. I suspect we might have some charater deaths if we play it. The level disparity for some of the encounters would take a little adjusting, but not too much or the threat goes away and then where's the adventure? :devil:

Of course most of it will not be done in Dwarven Forge stuff. Way too much effort involved. Only a few key spots.

If I go ahead with this I'll try to coax the participants to help me keep notes so I can make a journal for it.

Tortoise

First Post
Thanks for the compliments on the set-up.

I'm hoping to run a delve again sometime in the not too distant future. If so I'll try to get picks again.

Hey Tortoise! Do you play down at the Haven in downtown Frederick? I played a bunch of LFR there during the winter and had a great time. It's about an hour away so I can't make it all the time, but I really love that town.

Tortoise

First Post
Hey Tortoise! Do you play down at the Haven in downtown Frederick? I played a bunch of LFR there during the winter and had a great time. It's about an hour away so I can't make it all the time, but I really love that town.

Actually, I'm unfamiliar with it. Please fill me in about the place, I'm hoping to get in some time as a player and any help is appreciated.

Remove ads