Rank the live action BATMAN films

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
The Nolan trilogy was fine (yes, even the third one, which if nothing else, has Hathaway to elevate it) but the welcomeness of its premise had worn thin before it ended and Nolan's lack of understanding of these things we humans call "emotions" really undermines a lot of his work. I might actually like the first one the best, as legendary as Heath Ledger was as the Joker.

Burton Batman movies were weird in a different way from being comic booky and had a lot of really strange decisions that make them not hold up super great but Keaton and Pfeiffer were as always excellent.

The Schumacher films were high camp at their highest and campiest, which makes them way more fun to re-watch these days. Jim Carrey at his Jim Carrey-iest? Ice puns? "Holey rusted metal Batman!"? Classic. Beautiful. Yes, please, give me all of it.

Gradine

Thats...an interesting take.
...I'm not sure why? I remember enjoying Hathaway's take on the character.

Or maybe that it's just that the third film was fine. I mean, it's definitely the worst of the three, but I find Rises (and Begins) underrated and TDK a tad overrated.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
...I'm not sure why? I remember enjoying Hathaway's take on the character.
Or maybe that it's just that the third film was fine. I mean, it's definitely the worst of the three, but I find Rises (and Begins) underrated and TDK a tad overrated.
It was fine, but I'm still wondering how Hathaway elevated it...

Gradine

It was fine, but I'm still wondering how Hathaway elevated it...
As said, I enjoyed her take on the character; at least in the earlier parts of the movie. Yeah, basically all of the romance was terrible, but that's pretty distinctly Nolan's fault, not Hathway's.

GreyLord

Legend
I haven't seen the Batman yet, so couldn't say where it lies, but once I see it I can rank it.

1. Batman (1989).
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Batman Forever (It's corny, but I like it's portrayal of Robin, which is a key element of Batman many films miss).
5. The Dark Knight (it's just too long. It overstays the enjoyment for me).
6. Justice League
7. Batman Returns
8. Batman vs. Superman
9. Batman & Robin
10. Batman 66 (we are actually including this one?)

If we included TV shows (which would be where the Arrowverse Batman comes in) I'd probably put the Gotham take on Bruce Wayne and then Batman somewhere between 6 and 3.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
There's some punching, of course. No gadgets really (except one notable exception) -- it's all stuff he cobbled together himself. Even the Batmobile is a souped up regular car, not a sci-fi thing.
This is the first time I've had any desire to see it. Thank you!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases