Rank the live action BATMAN films

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
The Batman is good, and doesn't revisit the Nolan Batman much at all, despite both being of the darker style. Nolan's were technothrillers, The Batman is noir/true crime. And my favourite part is that The Batman is notably anti-gun and says so. And his Batmobile is scary because it's a large angry black hot rod, not because of how many machine guns it totes (it doesn't have any - hooray!).

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I was very pleased with The Batman. My only complaint was the length, but that's purely on wanting a bathroom break. The film was chock full of action and plot, to the extent that there never felt like there was a ninety second to two minute space when I wouldn't be missing something. Excellent acting and casting in general. I was so happy to see Turturro. All the villains were great.

While Frank Miller still casts a bit of a shadow, I don't think all the darker Batmen since 1989 are interchangeable. Pattinson brings a different, somewhat more realistic take on the kind of personality which would be motivated to do this sort of thing.

I'll need a re-watch, but I'm seriously tempted to rate it above The Dark Knight. Those two are tops, anyway.

After them, probably...

Batman (1989)
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises (mostly on the strength of fun actors and visuals, despite the incoherent plot).

Remove ads