Rapier of Puncturing

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
The Rapier of Puncturing allows you to make a touch attack to inflict 1d6 CON damage. Do you allow this to happen at the same time as a regular melee attack, like a monk's Stunning Fist ability? Can you do regular damage and the CON on the same hit, but both miss if you miss?

RigaMortus

Explorer
I would personally do this...

If the Rapier hits normally, it does it's normal damage plus the Con damage. If you use it to do a touch attack, it only does the Con damage.

This may technically be a house rule, but there is a precedent for it in Sword and Fist. There is a magic item (maybe a potion?) that allowed you to do this. I think it might have been a flaming fist potion, but I don't remember. Anyway, in the item description it said you could either do a normal attack and get both damage, or do the touch attack to just do the damage of the magic item.

UltimaGabe

First Post
That was the Ring of Shocking Grasp. It was merely stating the nature of the Shocking Grasp spell, which can be used as an actual attack rather than a touch attack in order to do extra physical damage.

In the case of the Rapier of Puncturing, however, I'd rule that you can't do an actual attack in addition to the Con-damage ability. After all, it's not a magical effect that you activate and all of a sudden the rapier just has this added ability on top of it- it's a magical attack you can use however many times per day by stabbing them in a certain spot. The way it looks to me, the only thing you can do is the Con damage. Just wait until your next attack to do more damage.

James McMurray

First Post
No, we're still thinking small. Not 6 of them. Perfect multiweapon fighting and 12 of them. 24d6 con damage should scare the pants off of just about everybody. :)

I'm sure someone else can improve on that too. :)

Old Gumphrey

First Post
Not familiar with that feat, but I'm assuming that you can Quick Draw more of them off your person and you don't actually double your attacks or grow 6 arms? :)

James McMurray

First Post
Perfect multiweapon fighting just means you get to use iterative attacks with all of your arms. Its the same as perfect two weapon fighting but for creatures with more than two arms.

Remove ads