Rapiers

Filcher

First Post
....however I find it ruins my suspension of disbelief when a swashbuckler wielding a rapier replaces the knight.

The problem is historical. Gunpowder made full plate obsolete. Once full plate was gone, carrying a light blade was sufficient for melee combat. But the D&D universe bunches together different eras, without any regard for accuracy (which is fine, cause it's a game, right?).

hong

WotC's bitch
... there was all kinds of mean nasty ugly looking people on the bench there. Mother rapiers. Father stabbers. Father rapiers! Father rapiers sitting right there on the bench next to me! And they was mean and nasty and ugly and horrible crime-type guys sitting on the bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest father rapier of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly 'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?"

Wolv0rine

First Post
... there was all kinds of mean nasty ugly looking people on the bench there. Mother rapiers. Father stabbers. Father rapiers! Father rapiers sitting right there on the bench next to me! And they was mean and nasty and ugly and horrible crime-type guys sitting on the bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest father rapier of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly 'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?"
Hong... in all these years this is the first post you've made that has spoken to me on a true, visceral, Arlo-loving level. I swear sometimes I think I'm the only person who knows that song. :)

Remove ads