• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rappan Athuk Reborn Kickstarter

Leviatham

Explorer
I would love to participate, but the level I am interested in is the $175. It'll be a heavy book, so can't imagine the posting to be less than $30, plus I will be hit by a tax bill when the book arrives, so it would go all the way up to $250... Not affordable for me, alas. :(

Any plans to have the book sold to stores internationally once is printed?

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
$100 is more than we're used to paying, but remember what you get. A "leather"-bound hardback book big enough stop most small arms rounds. You can always go for the pdf at $40.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I remember the maps looks like they were all earthen tunnels, but the halls were diagonal and hard to map on graph paper. I don't know how they'd be on a hex map (no longer have the book), but the diagonals and shapes iirc crossed spaces strangely so it wasn't easy to map out for combats.

How different are we talking here? I mean, if I have the old books will this new version collect them all and add material? Will the monster stat-blocks be updated or changed on the levels I already have?

EDIT: looked over it. Wow, that's a lot. I need $! Never played through it, but I've wanted to.

Last edited:

DMKastmaria

First Post
yeah, maybe it's a reasonable price for the product, but can't we get some sort of discount for contributing to the kickstarter?

a hundred dollars?? yikes. :eek:

It's a bit pricey. But...

"Rappan Athuk will be a faux leather-bound, signature stitched book (textbook bound for a lifetime of durability) with either a red cover (for the Swords & Wizardry version) or black cover (for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game)."

I'm willing to pay that price for an rpg book with quality binding, so I'll be springing for the Swords & Wizardry version print copy.

I still have my original Necromancer Games 3 volume set of Rappan Athuk. Killed my ex-wife's PC in RA! :)

AFAIK, that did not contribute to the subsequent divorce.

Still trucking along nicely with a new stretch goal, all with 100+ pledges get both versions of the PDF (Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry) with 100K$

BACKERS
$65,854
PLEDGED OF $25,000 GOAL
DAYS TO GO

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
WOW.

BACKERS
$70,170
PLEDGED OF $25,000 GOAL
DAYS TO GO

$70,000 pledged?!? with 54 days left to go? I think they really might hit the $100,000 mark. Good for them.

Remove ads