Rate 4e!

Is it better or worse than you thought?

• Better! I want 4e babies!

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • Worse, blergh!

Votes: 41 25.2%
  • The pie was better in 1e/2e/3e

Votes: 42 25.8%
  • How many of these polls do I have to bear? Arrgh!

Votes: 30 18.4%

hong

WotC's bitch
BryonD said:
No. IMO the 3X SRD is exactly the opposite. It begs to be molded and expanded. It is very far from sterile. It might take a little work, but that work is so very very worth it.
I agree with you. Everyone who called it an accounting textbook wouldn't.

LcKedovan

Explorer
der_kluge said:
No gnomes, no half-orcs, no bards, no druids, no sorcerers, no cloud giants, no monks, no stone giants. Storm giants are now "evil".

It's just so... different. And almost unnaturally so. I mean, some of the changes I can see, but why drop gnomes and add in dragonborn? I didn't exactly see a lot of demand for dragonborn before 4e. Some of the changes seem to just make no sense, and they did them just... because.

Hell, the entire edition exists just because.

I'm left wondering what my gaming future holds. Pathfinder RPG is looking a little bit better today.

Jeeze! I was tempted to check it out for my gaming group but your first sentance pretty much eliminated every one of their characters but one! Hell, these days I barely get time to game and with 11 week newborns I certainly don't have the cash to spend on something that means I need to start from scratch not just with the game system, but also with somehow re-tooling their characters to shoehorn them in. I'm guessing that those races/classes will be part of an "expansion" (more cash).

-W.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
LcKedovan said:
I'm guessing that those races/classes will be part of an "expansion" (more cash).

-W.

That has already been confirmed. There will be a PHB II, a DMG II, and a MM II. And on top of that, they said that there will be a new one of each every year.

Now, if that ends up being all of the new rules content every year, you know, I'm cool with that. But if we end up with a "Complete" series on top of the line of cores, I'm going to be getting really choosy really quick.

Another thing that has me wondering is that if they left out all of these staples, yet the GSL is going to liberally allow you to use material from these books, will the GSL be changed every year to give you access to sections of the new core books? If yes, then this is a good move. If no, then it leaves me a tad frustrated.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I have to say, I'm pretty surprised at the results of this poll.

I mean, of course it's to be taken with a grain of salt and all that, but if you're a glass half-empty sort, then the poll is basically indicating that 2/3 of people don't like the new edition and/or won't be playing it.

Quite contrary to past poll indications, I would say.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Kzach said:
I have to say, I'm pretty surprised at the results of this poll.

I mean, of course it's to be taken with a grain of salt and all that, but if you're a glass half-empty sort, then the poll is basically indicating that 2/3 of people don't like the new edition and/or won't be playing it.

Quite contrary to past poll indications, I would say.

Not true. This poll compares your actual feeling about 4E now that you've seen it. So anyone whose previous feelings about 4E were "Super Awesome Roxxor!" and their current opinion has changed to just "Great!" would vote that it was worse than they expected it to be. This is very common when a person has been waiting a long time for something and have built up their own hype. The final product rarely exceeds expectations and often doesn't meet it.

The Eternal GM

First Post
I've played KotSF twice now and tried a few different characters.

Nah, not for me. Not at all. I'll probably wind up playing it since others in my group are keen, but I won't be running it or putting any great amount of work into anything for it like I tend to in our group.

Remove ads