Votes: 6 21.4%

Votes: 4 14.3%

Votes: 1 3.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 (highest)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Glyfair

Explorer
and the whole thing looked color-dead, dark and washed-out.
I definitely thought that everything looked the same. It suffered quite a bit from that.

Also, I thought the movie suffered from their reinterpretation of the Greek gods. Zeus created humans and wants their love? No, the Greek Zeus is the god who raped the wife of his enemy, that was what the Greek gods were and the whole characterization failed in my mind.

zen_hydra

First Post
Aaargh!!!

Save your time, money, and sanity by passing on this wretched dog turd.

This poorly acted, poorly written, poorly directed tripe is an awesome depiction of everything wrong with big Hollywood productions. The script was written for the lowest common denominator, the actors barely phoned in their performances, the film was directed/edited for an audience with ADD, and the 3D was abysmally implemented.

If you are starved for some sword-and-sandals action do yourself a favor and watch the original in all its Harryhausen-esque glory.

Rykion

Explorer
It's not as good as the original. There simply was not enough story to go along with the action. I don't expect an accurate depiction of Greek mythology, but a little effort would have been nice.

It's hardly the worst action/fantasy movie though. I was probably too generous by giving a 7/10 in the poll before replying here. I think 6/10 best reflects my thoughts.

"Just leave that there". That was a great line. I'm not sure why they needed to borrow from "god of war" for the main plot point (i.e. why he trying to kill the Kraken), but it's their movie. It was OK but not great. 5/10

SPOLIER:
By the way, am I the only one who felt it was wrong to shoe-horn in the Djinn (from Arabian Myth) into a story about Greek myth, and then use the one remaining Djinn as a suicide bomber to help kill Medusa? Yeah he was just there to blow himself up. I mean really!

reveal

Adventurer
Interesting.

BY ZEUS! THE VERSION OF CLASH OF THE TITANS YOU DIDN'T SEE

It's obvious that Clash of the Titans isn't the movie it's supposed to be. Watching the film - 2D or 3D - reveals a movie that's internally inconsistent and that bears all the hallmarks of something that's been tampered with and changed at the last minute. Trying to figure out what happened and to discover what the other Clash of the Titans could have been, I began doing some research and investigation.

Remove ads