• 7 *******

Votes: 53 20.8%
  • 8 ********

Votes: 101 39.6%
  • 9 *********

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • 10 **********

Votes: 19 7.5%

I gave it a 7. I appreciated the druid and the shapeshifting chase. There were a couple of instances of adventurers being clever. It was a silly (which I knew the writers couldn't help themselves) without being goofy. The characters were moderately interesting. I appreciated how the Red Wizards per presented. It managed to "not be stupid" like the others. I was entertained, and chuckled at the easter eggs.

Overall, it was better than I expected.

R_J_K75

Legend
As a statistician, I would say that you will probably but not always get outliers. The first thing to do is try to figure out why you have outliers. That determines whether you keep them or throw them out. I wouldn't worry about it with a poll like this. It is a self selecting sample that even if it was a good sample, it would only be representative of just this site.
There's throwing out, and there's "weighing" data points. This isn't exactly a serious peer reviewed survey, bit the ratings below 6 aren't part of the bellcurve: if you throw them out, the mean and average don't change.
In a scientific data set, you sometimes throw out the far-reaching outliers (like the top 1% and the bottom 1%), depending on what you're trying to measure and how the information was collected.

This is hardly a scientific poll, however, and it's only measuring Public Opinion.
I understand that this isn't a scientific study. My extremely limited knowledge and schooling of statistics told me to use all data collected, but that was an industrial of occupation. And its been many years. So thank you for enlightening me, I wasnt aware that some data can omitted from the result calculation. I left my books in art class the night before my first Stat class. Professor was a total dick about it.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
IDGAF what other people think, The whole point of a poll is to get individual opinions or facts, sorry I don't live up to "MOST PEOPLES" standards

If I gave a movie a 10/10 while hating it I'm free to do so but I would be confusing a lot of people.

Just as if I said my favourite colour was red when it was actually blue. I'm free to do so but I'm not doing a good job at communication.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
If I gave a movie a 10/10 while hating it I'm free to do so but I would be confusing a lot of people.

Just as if I said my favourite colour was red when it was actually blue. I'm free to do so but I'm not doing a good job at communication.
This is true. However, if you are trying to argue that red is superior to blue, and you think that a public poll might help reinforce your opinion and persuade others to agree, you might not care as much about clarity of communication.

Remove ads