• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [RAVENLOFT] [5e] Death House OOC

Yavathol

Explorer
Do we need to have our own unique color? There are plenty of other clues to who is posting. I guess if you quoted someone and kept the color then that might help clarify some posts, but how often does that happen?

As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to use blue too, I didn't pick that for any reason other than because I could easily remember the tag!

Orange is a color that works well universally, I've found. [MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION], the colored font is a custom of the site that bears no meaning in reality. I forget when and why we started doing it. I think KS just uses regular font for his characters' speech, and it seems to work out just fine for him. Using italics is useful to designate a character's unvoiced thoughts, but I don't know that colored font is a true necessity.

And I probably will switch color. To green. Or nothing. That would certainly be in keeping with the Hunter S. Thompson-ness of my blue-inspired cognitive dissonance.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I don't know what cognitive dissonance is, but if it keeps people from using blue or purple, I'm all for it! :)

Fun fact: In all the previous games I've DM's I've always laid claim to yellow for NPC speech. It was just my thing. But somewhere over the last game or three (as a player), I decided that I was lazy and didn't feel like coloring my speech anymore. Then I justified it by supposing that I've never read a novel in which the author had to colorize speech to let me know someone was talking. Granted, I'm no author, but if I can't convey to you that the stuff between the quotes is supposed to be dialogue, then I probably am better off not doing pbp.

All that being said... use whatever you like. I know how to highlight text if I can't see it.

-IG

Wrex

First Post
Wrex

Or, we stick with the current system, and just assume some people can't hear eachother...

sniper.jpg

Oh, are we doing comics? Cool. I can't claim to be hip enough to have found this on my own (a good friend recommended it), but it's subversive and hilarious and NSFW. You have been warned. Also, you may need to scrub your eyeballs with bleach after viewing it. Or, you know, do as I did and read it right before church and then attempt--very unsuccessfully--to sit through Sunday school and not have certain, uh, images heating in your brain.

Oglaf, Kronar the Barbarian

Did I mention it's not safe for work? IT'S NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

Enjoy! :D

Also: I need a mug that says VICTORY AT SEA.

The day someone walks into my office and sees that mug and gets the reference is the day my heart is forever owned by a kindred soul.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads