• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Re-Recruiting] Invasion. Gathering of Heroes (d20 Modern)

ThWatcher

First Post
Yea, but first aid kits only work once and can't be used to stabilize a dying character. Medical kits can, but are too bulky to just carry around all the time. Anyway, I didn't have my character take one because he's not really any kind of medic. Although I might eventually start carrying a first aid kit around. It depends on what kind of stuff we end up having to do.

My interpretation of the Treat Injury skill is that it can be used without a medical kit to stabilize a dying character, but there is a -4 penalty to the DC 15 check, making it a DC 19. I get this interpretation from page 75, Treat Injury section Special:, 3rd paragraph, last sentence, "If you do not have the appropriate kit, you take a -4 penalty on your check."

Also, while the Medical kits are bulky, they only weigh 5 lb.

Of course, for my character(str. 11), 5 lb. is significant. With all the other stuff I have to carry, I probably won't be carrying a med. kit.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
My interpretation of the Treat Injury skill is that it can be used without a medical kit to stabilize a dying character, but there is a -4 penalty to the DC 15 check, making it a DC 19. I get this interpretation from page 75, Treat Injury section Special:, 3rd paragraph, last sentence, "If you do not have the appropriate kit, you take a -4 penalty on your check."

Also, while the Medical kits are bulky, they only weigh 5 lb.

Of course, for my character(str. 11), 5 lb. is significant. With all the other stuff I have to carry, I probably won't be carrying a med. kit.

I guess it's an interpretive issue, but I see your point, and it is valid. Still, an unskilled DC 19 is hardly better than the usual 10% chance to stabilize. It's not the kind of thing you can depend on, especially if combat is going on around you.

ThWatcher

First Post
I guess it's an interpretive issue, but I see your point, and it is valid. Still, an unskilled DC 19 is hardly better than the usual 10% chance to stabilize. It's not the kind of thing you can depend on, especially if combat is going on around you.

True, the extra roll vs DC 19, along with the 10% chance to stabilize on your own, is still not much to depend on.

But don't worry. As long as my character can get to your character, I won't let him die.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
A thought just occured to me. Voda do you intend to have all fo the characters meet up at one point, I'm fine with how it's going right now but am just curious?

Voda Vosa

First Post
Yes, as the title suggest, the heroes will meet eventually, I won't say when or where, as it would spoil the fun don't you think? ;)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am having difficulty following what's going on with the other players. But I suppose that's just as well. It's not like my character will have met them before as it is.

Remove ads