Reaching tier 4

oriaxx77

Explorer
Long AP-s can burn a Dm pretty quick. I like chaining small, 4-5 session long modules with different themes and focus. It is pretty fun and results unique overarching stories.

I've played in 2 and DM'd one.

1st I played a Bard alongside a rogue, a druid, a fighter, & a sorcerer. Still ongoing we reached lvl 20 just before the holidays. The campaign started in April 2015.
2nd I played a Warlock alongside a fighter, a sorcerer, a rogue, and a cleric. Campaign ended at lvl 18. Around 50 5 hour sessions.
I am DMing a group consisting of a fighter, a barbarian/sorcerer, a wizard, a cleric, and a paladin (3rd character after monk retirement and bard death). They just reached lvl 16.

Tyler Dunn

Explorer

1st I played a Bard alongside a rogue, a druid, a fighter, & a sorcerer. Still ongoing we reached lvl 20 just before the holidays. The campaign started in April 2015.
2nd I played a Warlock alongside a fighter, a sorcerer, a rogue, and a cleric. Campaign ended at lvl 18. Around 50 5 hour sessions.
I am DMing a group consisting of a fighter, a barbarian/sorcerer, a wizard, a cleric, and a paladin (3rd character after monk retirement and bard death). They just reached lvl 16.

New question, how many characters died on the way to 20th level?

Tyler Dunn

Explorer

Also, what were the characters' subclasses?

S'mon

Legend
New question, how many characters died on the way to 20th level?

In my Wilderlands sandbox game, by the time Hakeem the Destroyer reached Barbarian-20 there had been around half a dozen perma-dead PCs, the great bulk of them in Tier I (level 4 is a killer since you likely run into Tier II opposition while not ready for it) and Tier II (level 8-10 likewise vs Tier III stuff).

Hakeem himself has never been defeated*, even when victory was ridiculously unlikely (eg
soloing the CR 25 war demigod Kainos at 19th level), Bondor was with him! Actually he thinks
he is Bondor incarnated, and who's to say he's wrong...

Hakeem is Berserker path.

Other PCs to reach Tier IV IMCs are Quillax Druid-18 (Moon Druid), Claw Barbarian-18 (Bear Totem), Shieldbiter Barbarian-20 (Bear Totem), Sandor Barbarian-17 (Wolf Totem).

*Well there was the time he got frozen to a popsicle at 5th level by a Cone of Cold. But he survived, woke up an hour later in the villain's wagon, broke free, and escaped.

Last edited:

Remove ads