WOIN Readied action available

Belisarion

Explorer
Is there something like a "readied action" in WOIN? An action I could use to disrupt someone's action due to a trigger? Let's say I want to attack a sorcerer when he starts to cast a spell. Or I want to shot at a enemy who is out of line of sight behind an obstacle, stands up from prone to shoot at me and then drops back to prone to be out of line of sight again?

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
The nearest equivalent is the Overwatch special action. It is described in all three genre core books -- OLD, NOW, and NEW. Overwatch specifically allows the PC/NPC/monster to make a ranged attack in response to a specified trigger that will interrupt the triggering opponent's action. I've house ruled in my game that Overwatch can also allow some non-ranged attack actions to happen on a trigger, such as: "I'll zap the prisoner with my stun baton if I see them move." There is not an equivalent for holding your action (like delaying your initiative), but you could certainly make a house rule to handle that for your game if you wanted.

Remove ads