Real Thieves Loose at GenCon

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Many thanks for all the positive posts here, and by positive I mean all of them. I was so shocked to learn about Alex bein marked by a pro thief that I wanted to warn everyone to be on guard for such scum.

The kind offers to Alex are appreciated by both of us. Alex, though, says thanks but no thanks. He is giving up on MtG for the foreseeable future. I can't blame him for being bitter, as the $600 he recently put into his collection came from his workiing two jobs.

While the other stories of rip-offs at GenCon and elsewhere are discouraging, the few bright notes are something to take heart about. A gathering of gamers should be not only a place to have fun, but one where each and every one there respects his fellows, watches out for them and their property, not where one has to watch one's back as if he were in a den of thieves. At least most of the attendees are decent, not there to steal from others.

It is plain hard for me to look on fellow gamers with suspicion in reagrds to honesty...if not in regards to what games they like best and how they play them :lol:

Joking about the last part, of course,
Gary

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Numion said:
You know, there was also a big armored car robbery here in Finland, and there's smoke up in Helsinki from Russian forest fires. They should cancel GenCons license because of all the crime and vandalism.

good point - gencon is just bad luck. ;)

Breakdaddy

First Post
I got to hang out with Alex for an hour or two the first night of Gen Con and he is a cool kid. Steve Chenault told me about Alex's cards getting lifted on Saturday and I didnt get a chance to see him to offer him condolences. Unfortunately, this kind of thing is not uncommon at large events like Gen Con. It sucks.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Breakdaddy said:
I got to hang out with Alex for an hour or two the first night of Gen Con and he is a cool kid. Steve Chenault told me about Alex's cards getting lifted on Saturday and I didnt get a chance to see him to offer him condolences. Unfortunately, this kind of thing is not uncommon at large events like Gen Con. It sucks.
Heh,

And as his pappy I'll agree that he is a kid, he being a mere 19 years of age.

Alex gets along with most anyone, young or old, male or female, ordinary or unusual, companionable or businesslike ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Breakdaddy

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Heh,

And as his pappy I'll agree that he is a kid, he being a mere 19 years of age.

Alex gets along with most anyone, young or old, male or female, ordinary or unusual, companionable or businesslike ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Yeah Gary, I was surprised at his age when I met him. When Steve told me we were meeting your youngest for dinner I assumed him at late 20's or beyond. It seems you didnt let middle age slow you down much :p

Remove ads