• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

KainG

Explorer
Where would he be at this point? Think about his introduction.

My original idea was Yin Hun had infiltrated in Baldur's Gate to set up a safe house at the start of the game. He and his cohort Emiko would have just started in an abandoned house when the pirates attacked. After gearing up, Yin Hun would sneak through the city, staying out of sight from the locals, heading towards the battle with the space pirates. The fight would be over after he arrives. He would keep tabs as to where everyone was gathering, namely the temple. From a nearby hiding spot, he would be observing and planning with Emiko over the comms.

I wonder if he could have attempted to chase down Zugorim, if he was able to see him flee from the site of the battle.

I also think it would be pretty cinematic to have him storm the into the temple and lay down cover fire to help the others get out.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I thought that damage was after both save and evasion. If I got it wrong I apologize, and I'll accept whatever you deem is the correct number of hit points.
Soumral took 13 points of damage from the blazing bones firestorm ability. The firestorm spell cast by the High Artificer does 58 points of damage to a character on a failed save. With Evasion, she takes no damage on a successful save but takes full damage on failed save. I'm assuming she doesn't have Improved Evasion, right?

I didn't roll a save for your PC vs. the fire storm spell. Did you roll one? I didn't see it posted, if you did.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
My original idea was Yin Hun had infiltrated in Baldur's Gate to set up a safe house at the start of the game. He and his cohort Emiko would have just started in an abandoned house when the pirates attacked. After gearing up, Yin Hun would sneak through the city, staying out of sight from the locals, heading towards the battle with the space pirates. The fight would be over after he arrives. He would keep tabs as to where everyone was gathering, namely the temple. From a nearby hiding spot, he would be observing and planning with Emiko over the comms.
Would he know either Shaz or Rodan? Is there a connection? I haven't looked the characters over lately.

I wonder if he could have attempted to chase down Zugorim, if he was able to see him flee from the site of the battle.
Maybe he got a tracer on him. What skills does he have?

I also think it would be pretty cinematic to have him storm the into the temple and lay down cover fire to help the others get out.
Go for it.

But first, roll initiative for him, as new combatant entering in round three.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=1095]Salthorae[/MENTION], still need a saving throw for Shaz vs. the fire storm spell (unless you posted it somewhere and I missed it). I can roll it for you, if you like.

How much does his spellware protect him from fire again? Is it 5 or 10?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Spellcraft roll for Dakashi: 1d20+21=36 (+2 to Reflex save vs. fire storm spell)

Dakashi's Reflex Saves (used 1 power point for Elan Resistance [Immediate Action]: +4 to saves until next action)
vs. Blazing Bones Firestorm ability: 1d20+7=16+4=20 (saved)
vs. High Artificer's fire storm spells: 1d20+7=22+2+4=28 (saved)

Takes 6 damage from blazing bones' ability and 29 points from the fire storm spell.

I think he has 1 hp left.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Initiative Order (Round Three)
Silhouette: 30 (stable but unconscious)
Soumral: 29
Emiko: 22
Dakashi: 21 (1 hp left)
Blazing Bones (was Calarek): 18
Shazer'a: 17 (10 hp left)
Rodan: 17 (unconscious, at 0 hp)
Yin Hun Lang: 13
Blazing Bones (was Hadyri): 13
Thalamond: 9
Thak: 3 (carrying Sil)
---------------------
[MENTION=10894]KainG[/MENTION], roll initiative for your backup PC and his cohort.

Last edited:

KainG

Explorer
Yin Hun's Initiative: [1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13

Emiko's Initiative: [1d20+2] = 20+2 = 22
Emiko would be outside of the temple, assuming a sniper's position on a building's rooftop across from the temple.

Looking over Yin Hun's skills and feats, I don't think he'd be able to track Zugorim. No Track feat or equipment to tag him. He'd have to be right on the pirate's heels to follow him. He has no connections to Shaz or Rodan, but might know of their reputation. His main connections are with the Freedom League.

Remove ads