Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Can Rodan cast Protection from Evil 10 foot radius on himself, then move forward slightly so it envelops Shaz without incurring any AoO?
The chain devil's chains have a 10-foot reach, so Rodan will likely have to take an AoO to get that close. He could cast on him self and get to the very edge of the chain devil's reach and then Shaz could take a 5-foot step back into the spell's radius.

EDIT: Hmm, after thinking about it for a few minutes, I'm not 100% sure that is right and the 10-foot spell radius diagram in the back of the DMG (p. 307) didn't help much either. It seems to support what I wrote but the diagram would be for casting a spell on the corner of a square.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm pretty sure Rodan would have to move not only into the first threatened square but also the next one -- taking an AoO from the devil's chains.

No, that's wrong, you're good to go. (After double-checking the reach diagrams.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Reposted...

Initiative Order (Rounds Seven)
Silhouette: 30 (invisible)
Soumral: 29 (readied action)
Yin Hun Lang: 17 (shaken)
Rodan: 17 (casts Magic Circle against Evil on self)
Shazer'a: 17
Emiko: 13
Nelalwe: 13
Chain Devil: 9
Thrak: 3

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
We are on initiative count 17, so Yin Hun, Rodan, and Shaz are all up. I'm going to assume that Rodan casts the magic circle on himself and then steps just close enough to Shaz to protect the half-dragon.

epogue

First Post
OOC: am I have ben going a wile I in sensor range if so what do I see I am still proceeding my scanners anything unusual other that everyone being gone. after one last reading is introduction is your ball park I am flying blind.

spot [roll0]

and at some point bypass this blasted monitor when I have the equipment and time

I am assuming a different time scale out side initiative at 30ft a round for nearly 11 miles would be enormous

Last edited:

Remove ads