Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Whoops, kinda left her partially done. I'll finish her up and I'll get a quick post up today.
I saw that you put her up. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

While I got some family commitments for Easter today, my goal is to get a post up today. However, it might slide to tomorrow.

Shayuri

First Post
For the sake of clarity of intention:

Silhouette will research the Anauroch, Netheril, and the routes between Candlekeep and those places...with an eye for routes that do not pass any major cities or large towns; hoping to avoid the majority of the Empire's interest. Of secondary importance (but still important) to finding a workable route is to brush up on her knowledge of the 'Shades' and their society, language and culture.

The possibility of teleportation will be investigated, but seems unlikely.

Thrak will be getting a room and then meeting with his fellow men-at-arms and commoners, listening to them with an ear for who might be available to undertake a lengthy and dangerous expedition.

Any assistance in either of these endeavors from PCs or their sidekicks would be most welcome. There's other avenues that might be pursued independently as well.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sorry I didn't get to posting today. I noticed that Netflix Canada added the English dub for Sword Art Online II, so I ended up watching half of the season. I'll work on getting the next post up tomorrow.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, the next post is 95% done, but I'm going to let it sit overnight instead of forcing the rest of it with tired eyes. It should be up by Noon MST at the latest. :)

Last edited:

KainG

Explorer
During the time spent in Candlekeep, Yin Hun will try to train any volunteers from the refugees in how to fight against the technologically superior Imperials, teaching them about their tactics and their tech. He'll teach them how to fight future guerilla warfare, and the basics of using advance weapons and technology. Basically, Yin Hun is trying to form the first resistance cell with the survivors of Baldur's Gate.

Emiko will go help Silhouette in researching Anauroch and how to get there. She'll also try to research what forms of magical weapons of mass destruction Faerûn might have developed (artifacts, spells, monsters).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
My next post is likely a couple days away, but I will try to get up some details for your PCs pursuits and inquiries here before then.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI, I spent most of the day away from my computer. Needed some time outside. Heh.

I did end up buying a copy of Pact Worlds, so its crunch is now in for this game.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
For the sake of clarity of intention:

Silhouette will research the Anauroch, Netheril, and the routes between Candlekeep and those places...with an eye for routes that do not pass any major cities or large towns; hoping to avoid the majority of the Empire's interest. Of secondary importance (but still important) to finding a workable route is to brush up on her knowledge of the 'Shades' and their society, language and culture.

The possibility of teleportation will be investigated, but seems unlikely.
There is a lot of 'red tape' that Silhouette will have to go through before The Keeper will allow her to access the library's reading rooms. Normally, the Keeper would force Sil and any of the others to sit next to watching monk for 24 hours. The first 3 or 4 hours would be questions about what she wishes to research and questions about her, her home, her past, etc. The rest of the time must be spent in quite reflection and, usually, silence, but she can't sleep. It's not a simple process, but you can roll a Diplomacy check [DC 30] to break through some of the red tape. If the roll is a success, The Keeper will allow her to forgo the usual 24 hour meditation, but she must still answer most of the questions, which will take a few hours.

Note that each PC that wishes access to one of the reading rooms must go through this process. Silhouette cannot get everyone in faster. However, since Thrak is her friend and companion, he would get a +2 circumstance bonus on his roll if she succeeds. If she fails, he won't be allowed to even try.

Shayuri said:
Thrak will be getting a room and then meeting with his fellow men-at-arms and commoners, listening to them with an ear for who might be available to undertake a lengthy and dangerous expedition.

Any assistance in either of these endeavors from PCs or their sidekicks would be most welcome. There's other avenues that might be pursued independently as well.
You can have Thrak make a untrained Diplomacy check to gather information within Candlekeep. He can glean common facts and rumors at DC 10. If you want him to find out more obscure information going around the keep, the DC is 20. If he wants to find out specifics about someone in the keep who is prominant then the DC will be decided by me.

You could also have Silhouette do the roll, but its a different roll than the one noted above.

Thrak, at the very least will meet several named NPCs that I will detail here and in my next IC post.

Remove ads