Reaper Bones 3: Nearly $400K In 2 Hours!

Reaper Miniatures are back for a third time on Kickstarter with a ton more plastic miniatures. They launched a couple of hours ago, and have raised nearly $400,000 from nearly 4,000 backers already. It's a short Kickstarter - 19 days instead of the traditional month - but with Reaper it only needs to be short. For $100 you get a core set (pictured below) of 30 minis, plus there's their usual range of addons and stretch goals (which they've blown through already).

Reaper Miniatures are back for a third time on Kickstarter with a ton more plastic miniatures. They launched a couple of hours ago, and have raised nearly $400,000 from nearly 4,000 backers already. It's a short Kickstarter - 19 days instead of the traditional month - but with Reaper it only needs to be short. For $100 you get a core set (pictured below) of 30 minis, plus there's their usual range of addons and stretch goals (which they've blown through already).

[Update - an hour and a half later, it's hit half a million!]

Their previous Reaper Bones Kickstarters raised $3.5 million, and $3.17 million respectively. You'll find the latest one here.

reap.jpg

I backed 1 and 2 already and accidental got extra minis from 2, so I have way to many unpainted Bones already.
Threw in a buck so I can choose to buy the occasional add-on. So far nothing I need but we'll see.
Be nice if I can snag the occasional set from the core package as well as there's some good'uns.

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
I'm already on board for three. And yes they have excellent CS as I've experienced with metals, I'd just rather not have to need to use thier CS and have excellent product from day one. Bones 2 fell short of that mark big time for my shipment. Here's hoping Bones 3 is much better.

Votan

Explorer
You mean rather than selling in stores? According to Reaper they sell extremely well in stores.

It is possible for a corporation to have several business models. In this case, I am presuming that the bulk bones business is doing minimal cannibalization of their direct sales and so I was rather suspecting that we would see more of these Kickstarters so long as both channels are profitable and finding independent markets

I'm jumping in on this one. The figs look pretty good to me and the big selling point at the end of this run is going to be "the Queen of the Dragons."

Starfox

Hero
Bones broke a million!

[img=https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/151/477/d2d8fcf495e7e680b17a8fadb88156de_original.jpg?v=1436934800&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&q=92&]

Remove ads

Remove ads