• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Wow, I go to Gen Con for four days and it LOOKS like the number of miniatures I'm going to get has doubled. I know that isn't REALLY the base, but dag gone...that's a LOT of new minis in the last 5 days.

If I don't consider myself a pretty good mini painter by the time I get through all of these, I will be a living FAIL (I'm thoroughly mediocre right now).

Whenever I look at that big picture of what the Vampire level includes, I just start cackling and rubbing my hands together. It's INSANE.

Looking forward to hitting the $1.1 million mark and being able to get the dracolich Nethyrmaul! I had to up my pledge again last night by over $50 with all the cool add-ons.

I'm not big on the townsfolk II, but I'm happy to see this KS kicking a$$ and excited to see what the other stretch goals will bring. Wouldn't it be awesome if this thing hit $2 million + by the end of the 30 days?

crazy_cat

Adventurer
In the last 24 hours only this Kickstarter has added $170K and shows no sign of slowing down - so new add ons keep being unlocked. What you now get at the Vampire level ($100 buy in, plus S&H) is an almost unbelievable deal.

In the last 24 hours only this Kickstarter has added $170K and shows no sign of slowing down - so new add ons keep being unlocked. What you now get at the Vampire level ($100 buy in, plus S&H) is an almost unbelievable deal.

I completely agree with you there. I'm loving this KS, it's awesome and one of the best I've seen. I'm glad I decided to back it, though it'll take a long time to get all of them painted!

I have a couple of questions about these things based off of hearing that they come on the "broccoli bases," I'm not absolutely certain what this means.
1) Do the normal figures fit in the 1x1 inch squares on the normal battle map? How about the bigger (large, huge, etc)?
2) Or do I have to cut the base off and affix it to a different base like a square or circle?
3) If I have to buy new bases, where should I purchase them (online)?

Alan Shutko

Explorer
I have a couple of questions about these things based off of hearing that they come on the "broccoli bases," I'm not absolutely certain what this means.
1) Do the normal figures fit in the 1x1 inch squares on the normal battle map? How about the bigger (large, huge, etc)?
2) Or do I have to cut the base off and affix it to a different base like a square or circle?
3) If I have to buy new bases, where should I purchase them (online)?

Broccoli base means a base built into the mini with some amount of texturing. Example:

03619_p_1.jpg

Yes, the normal figures fit in the 1x1 squares on the map. The larger ones also usually fit as well. The big difference is that instead of being a square or circle, larger creatures will be rectangular. For example, a horse will have a base that's about equal to a 1x2 rectangle.

You certainly can cut off the base and attach a new one, or just attach a base beneath the broccoli base. Some people like to do this. I've never bothered.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
I got on this when Paizo got involved, but before I could get logged into my account, they had already blown past the first Pathfinder add-on. I even held off (a little bit) on GenCon purchases so I could add a few more +cost bonuses... Do not regret it one bit. I even added enough for that gargantuan undead dragon as soon as I saw it as a goal. This is an obscene deal. (mental note, clear schedule for painting..) Good on ya' , Reaper.

Broccoli base means a base built into the mini with some amount of texturing. Example:

Yes, the normal figures fit in the 1x1 squares on the map. The larger ones also usually fit as well. The big difference is that instead of being a square or circle, larger creatures will be rectangular. For example, a horse will have a base that's about equal to a 1x2 rectangle.

You certainly can cut off the base and attach a new one, or just attach a base beneath the broccoli base. Some people like to do this. I've never bothered.

Thanks for the answer!

czak

First Post
Once we hit this stretch goal (about 200k away, so a day and a half or so at current pace) the deal will have gotten to 200 minis for 100 dollars. Insanity!

KS_DarkHeroesReward.jpg

Remove ads